New business idea in bar montenegro

Hello my name is emad
In the meanwhile I'm living in lebanon but I'm considering of opening a coffee roasting business in montenegro I Allready own 2 coffee shops a coffee roasting business and a distribution company.
I tried to research coffee in montenegro and I came up with nothing.
So my question do u think opening a coffee roaster in montenegro will be a good idea?and is there any coffee roaster in the bar area or in montenegro?
Also how much would it cost me to hire 3-5 people/month in bar montenegro? 1 with a bachelor degree and 2 to 3 other people most of there job is labour jobs.
Hope I can get help

Hi Emad

Let me ask - why Bar? Because it is a port and it would be easy for you to import goods? I wouldn't concentrate only on Bar...to be honest.
The entire country is tiny so even if you open your business in another city, the transport will take a max of 2 or 2.5hr to reach the furthest city.

I'm not very knowledgable of the coffee business here (I prefer tea) but I do know that people love coffee and drink plenty of it.

Look into Porto Montenegro. That's a posh area of the country where you could market your coffee to a richer clientele, especially during the June-September months.

Labor is pretty cheap here and varies from 300 to more than a 1,000. I guess it all depends on how much you are willing to offer.

Let me know if you need more help.

OK dear the reason I choose bar because I think it's cheaper and I'm not looking to open a shop so I won't sell as retail..
I will be processing coffee from coffee roasting to fringing and packaging etc then I sell products to retail stores coffee shops and so on. So the business location isn't that important Cz I will be selling my products via salesmen/women correct me if I'm wrong I'm open to suggestions if u think Porto montenegro is a better location for any other purposes and by the way I'll also be selling tea as a 2nd product

So yes, then Bar will be the cheaper option for you as will any other city.

Most important is to get a whole group of people and look into connecting yourself to the industry. Do you have any contacts here that operate in this industry?

No not really I will be travelling to montenegro in the beginning of March but I don't think I can't spend more then a week top I will be in contact with local people ask question about the industry create a contact list of local coffee shop owners hotels and retail stores and ask around about the coffee industry in montenegro  maybe establish a LLC while I'm there if possible in a week and if everything goes as planed I will find some time to visit again

I understand
Let me know if you need more help

Hey there and welcome!
I know a few expats ( desperate for good coffee) who would be happy to hear about your idea!
If come around Tivat I could introduce you to a couple of people.
Cheers,
Carine

Hey carine thank you for your reply
I will make sure to contact you in case I can find time to visit tivat
If you don't mind I would appreciate it if ut send me a PM with a contact number or email so I can contact you
Have a nice day dear

Since becoming independent in 2006, the Government of Montenegro has adopted an investment framework to encourage growth, employment and exports.  Montenegro is still in the process of establishing a liberal investment regime.  Although the continuing transition has not yet eliminated all structural barriers, the Government recognizes the need to remove impediments, reform the business environment and open the economy to foreign investors.

There are no distinctions made between domestic and foreign companies.  Foreign companies can own 100 percent of a domestic company, and profits and dividends can be repatriated without limitations or restrictions.

Foreign investors can participate in the privatization process and can own land in Montenegro.   Expropriation of property can only occur for a "compelling public purpose” and compensation must be made at fair market value.  There has been no known expropriation of foreign property.  International arbitration is allowed in commercial disputes involving foreign investors.

Registration procedures have been simplified to such an extent that it takes just one euro and four days to process an application to register a business.  Bankruptcy laws have been streamlined to make it easier to liquidate a company, accounting standards have been brought up to international norms, and custom regulations have been simplified.  There are no mandated performance requirements.

Hello!  When I moved to Montenegro, my dream was to open a coffee bikes here in a few good tourist locations. But it never happened yet, because politic situation, but I did some research here about coffee. They have super bad local kafa (they call it). In Danilovrad big coffee roasted fabric, quality very bad, but locals like super dark roasted coffee and drinking this cheap stuff, sorry. Best supplier of coffee here - is Lavazia, they have a distributor here. Best restaurants usually using their coffee.  No more players. About to open good coffee shop - its a good idea, but on my opinion, need to open coffee shop in tourist area - Kotor, Tivat, Budva or  Podgorica (in the capital offices of all international companies). If you decide to do it, I will be glad to help you with your project!

@emaddame Hello Emaddame your ideas for opening a coffee shop in Montenegro its great opportunity I'm planning to open coffeeshop so maybe we can work tings together

Hello cejovicjakup00,

That member's post is from 2017, we haven't heard from him since years now.

Please participate only on recent threads of the forum so that members can provide some feedback.

Thanks in advance,

Bhavna