How to put villa in DR for rent??

Good day Dominican experts, My name is George from Toronto.My wife and I been in DR many times as a tourists and we just in love to DR. We started seeking some villas to buy on Sosua, Cabarete or Samana. But, for a while we have to leave in two countries DR and Canada. My question is: What is opportunity to put our future villa for rent? How possibility is to find some renters or tenants fast and easy ? WE looking for ocean view villa, 5-10 min. to drive from the ocean. I am asking because, we found so, so many villas for rent in DR , especially on this arias. Sincerely George.

Hello George,

Most solicit the help of a real estate agent to rent and administer the short-term rentals. Placing the property on Airbnb also helps. It should not be difficult to rent a reasonably priced villa during high season.

Long term rentals you need to be very  careful and understand owner vs tenants rights here! Be very careful!

Thank you everybody for your reply,really need your advances .

As I walk around Sosua I see a lot of Villas/condos for rent/sale. When I was actively searching I could only manage to find a few. I assume that these properties are listed with some Realestate  agent but the problem is if you don't by chance walk into his office, how will you find what he has listed. Since there isn't a MLS service here, listing your property and renting it would be a problem unless you go by Airbnb or something similar. One other alternative is on Facebook. (Everything Sosua! "For Sale. It is a public group.

There are many many ways to market online! You need someone doing that and the day to day managing! It isnt easy but its done all the time.

Here is an article about Airbnb entitled The Pros and Cons of Using Airbnb.

http://www.investopedia.com/ articles/personal-finance/ 032814/pros-and-cons-using- airbnb.asp