Da Nang Living

As i have posted before,i plan on visiting Viet Nam for my first visit in mid May,Also,i would be interested in relocating there(retirement mode)if i get a good enough feel on life,ect.Presently i am reading up on life there and Da Nang has caught my special attention for living.It seems  it could be my type of town but of course i need actually a visit there to help me decide.I plan on visiting at least Hanoi and Saigon also but i think both  cities might be a bit overwhelming and more expensive for one American as me.Actually i am use to city life(Boston,San Diego,ect) but not in a big way as i get older now day's but not ready for real country living either.Anyway's any information concerning Da Nang would be appreciated thank you.

I would also like info and links to info

Danang/hoi an is great with many expats.  Plenty of restaurants and bars, and supermarkets .  Lots to do. Visas not too difficult.  Great cheap medical care. Beautiful beach.  Come an see.

I plan to check out Hoi An and in May during my Viet Nam visit.Just curious what a nice one bedroom rental (Hoi An)might go for long term also?

I will add my two cents on Danang and the others you mentioned in your comments, considering your situation. Be retired the big cities may not be to your liking long term. Depends on what that retired body like to do. If you like to snuggle up to a bar, breath smog, contend with traffic and 9 million people and a much higher cost of living. Then HCMC might be your place. Me I live high in the mountains of DaLat after having lived in Nha Trang and HCMC, and after a few days (like one) I am ready to leave. But if you think you may need/want to work then HCMC is the hot spot since 95% of the countries GDP is from HCMC.
But if I ever moved off the mountain Danang would be my first choice. But I like the California, Rocky Mountain weather and Danang would be a tad hot for me. But I think without question the most progressive city in VN at the moment.
Come, look around and see what you think. Cost of living wise, here on the mountain I can rent a huge villa with my own yard in a Western/French style home with more room than I could ever use and my own garage for $500 a month. HCM I had a small small small 2b1b for that much, shared with a 1000 other residents. No matter where you live utilities are cheap cheap cheap. But here on the mountain we need no heat or a/c.

Thanks for your input Diazo,i am also going to visit Hoi An for several day's and interested in the possibilities there also.

You will love your time in all these wonderful cities in Vietnam. Have a safe trip.

:)