Friends in Phnom Penh???

Hi there
Arrived here last Tuesday hoping to stay for 3 'months fine some work as an English teacher and an apartment and I hope meet some nice people to hang out with and perhaps see a bit of Cambodia with-have succeeded with none or those yet (it's only been 3 days but nonetheless...) and feeling a bit dejected.

if anyone would like to meet up go for a walk coffee drink Or something and/or you remember first time you came here and maybe didn't have any conversations longer than a minute and maybe felt a bit what the f*** I feel like a tota oddball maybe this was a huge mistake.... so get in touch!!
Slan go foill
Fiona

Hi,
Do you know St 172, come to Sony Side Up Restaurant, always a friendly crowd and many teachers and like minded people, the food is rather good too, if you are looking for an apartment I can help you.

Ah cheers thanks - 'may come tomorrow evening- yip am looking for a place for couple months central enough bkk1 wat langka side . I Like this part of town-
Thanks for the email :-)
Fiona

Hi,
The problem with a couple of months is that most apartments want a minimum 6 month contract, your best bet is to get a share on Phnom Phen Housing o0n Facebook, try Airbnb or find a nice hotel and bargain for a really good deal as they would love a stayer for 2 months

that was a great sugggestion thanks i did that - went down to 1 month allow a change of mind policy....so have a request in at the moment fingers crossed they will revert and that'll be one box ticked of the 25!!!
shall head along later for some food -
fiona

Fiona , i usually run to Starbucks from night market area on Sunday mornings , I have been here off and on for a year , I shall arrive about 730 , it's at aeon , cup of coffee if you have time I could tell you my short list of experiences , ha , my name is rod , would love to talk with you , I will be there , if not give it some time you will like it , I'm from USA,  730 am ha might be too early for you

Fiona , give it sometime like any new place especially a new country , it's disconcerting at first, but as you adapt , I think you will enjoy it , do t forget the gulf of Thailand and of course siem reap, my favorite place is keb , it's near kampot so very quiet village water is wonderful, and you can visit the islands cheap , my suggestion is try all these places before you give up on Cambodia, but I felt the same way , I wanted to go " home" in about a week , but now this is "home" , great travels to you , if it's not for you it's not a defeat it's a experience!!

Hi there - thanks for the email - not given up no...have found a place and giving it a go - am confident will get work but if not will teach for free!!

shall give Keb a look this week - it seems amazing and was only in Siem #Reap last time I was here so wanted to travel around a bit..like anywhere that is new it is a challenge and i had forgotten that really -  i had high expectations without the work to go into that!!

maybe see you around PP sometime -

fiona

Hi. I'm new here in pp to. Only about 6 weeks so far. If your keen for a coffee and chat that would be cool. Im still looking for work teaching but not hard looking as im not that keen on starting a new class lol . Im 51 male from nz keen on chats with new folks. All the best.

Hi there- yeah that sounds good. - going to a jazz club tomorrow Friday if ya fancy that? If not maybe Saturday?
Took a few days off am in kep using a luxury pool of a nearby hotel... jeeZ it is heaven after Phnom Penh dust!!!!!
Think shall just teach for free at this stage haha!!
Too a

Hi you dont have to teach for free. There are jobs about but you have to be proactive about it. Go around with your cv or send them out through online email.  I was thinking about the jaz club myself this week. Maybe we can meet up . Im just hanging around the Riverside today. You find a place to live.