Meeting people in Phnom Penh

Hey!
It's now two months I moved here and after having settled in very well at home and at work I just would like to meet people to have a beer and a good laugh with!
Any recommendations? ;)
Cheers!

Hi and welcome on board Sime!

How is phnom penh so far? What are your feelings?
Maybe a little introduction of yourself could help too ;)

Regards
Armand

I'm in for a round of beers !
Always great to meet people, if you don't mind I'm french!

Hey Nikolos

Of course I don't mind! ;-) Sounds good to me.
Do you have any spare time at the weekend?!

Take care,

Simone

Spare time ... Let me see ...
From now to the end of the month I'm free 6:30AM to 23:59PM 7/7days (I can't be feed or have a drink after midnight, you really don't want to know).

Have u find new friends yet!!

Yes, 142 tuktuk drivers.

HI! Im from Spain but new in Phnom Penh!! It will be great to meet some new people, I am working in a school! Cheers!!

Hey, I'm from china and also new here. I'm up for the next round of beers:) Keep me in the loop..

I'm down for a beer to meet all of you soon, if we want to set something up... Is Wednesday (November 2nd) good for people or other suggestions?

-Lauren

November 2nd ok for me.
Depends on the drink spot I can bring with me some nice crazy expats.

I'm okay with the time also. Pls post them location,,:)

Wednesday fine with me.

Equinox or Liquid?

Same same with me. Cess why dont you decide and we will meet there.

Time?

Equinox at 7? See you guys!

Think I'll be there between 7:00 and 7:30!

Hello! I think got into the right forum in the right moment! My name is Adleina, I am from Spain and I arrived in PP just one month ago, I would like to meet new people in the city and If it is still possible I will join you this evening in the equinox at 19:00 pm,I hope I will see you there. Let me know if there is any change in the appointment.
Greets Adelina.

No changes Adelina, see you later.

I'll be there as well. And how are we going to recognize each other?

My code name will be mister white.

I'll ask the staff to write down Expat.com meeting on a table.

I didnt check the blog! :( How was the meeting????Adelina I am also from Spain!

What a pity...The meeting went well..Hope to see you next time..

Ruthi wrote:

I didnt check the blog! :( How was the meeting????Adelina I am also from Spain!

It was great!
I met some really amazing people, a chinese spy, a danish undercovered travel guide writer (even if he denies it), a very nice spanish girl with a fake job (come on Adelina, tell us the truth, you are the CEO) and when I left a model joined us.

Hello!!!
I have to say that it was a really nice meeting from me too it was my first time meeting people from internet....
It would be nice to repeat it, just tell me when you will be free.
tonight I spoke with marc and we are going to be in a concert,(La gasolina st 57 20:00) and maybe later try to find the rock bar, that youe were speaking that nice the other day. So I hope I will see you tonigth or this weekend.
Ruthi  it would be nice also to meet you, and speak about how much we miss the spanish ham...
Greets adelina

Hey, I have successfully escaped from the sports thing. I will see you at the Gasolina at 8:00!:D

Adelinacamboya wrote:

Hello!!!
I have to say that it was a really nice meeting from me too it was my first time meeting people from internet....
It would be nice to repeat it, just tell me when you will be free.
tonight I spoke with marc and we are going to be in a concert,(La gasolina st 57 20:00) and maybe later try to find the rock bar, that youe were speaking that nice the other day. So I hope I will see you tonigth or this weekend.
Ruthi  it would be nice also to meet you, and speak about how much we miss the spanish ham...
Greets adelina

can anybody text me 4 that meetings??? :P 089428502 thaaank you!!

when is the next meet-up?

Next meetup this week is @ street 144 riverside, just a few meters from La Croisette.
Free drinks (beer, juices, coca, vodka, name it) and free food (starting by peanuts, fruits salad, I don't know). For the music bring your playlist/Ipod if you don't want to loose your last neurons with khmer videoclips karaoke.
Maybe thursday 10 19H. I will confirm tomorrow and give the exact location of the apartement.
It will be on a fist floor appartement and balcony so places are limited, maybe 12-15 peoples so PLEASE tell if you can make it and if you are coming with friends.

Sime- just came across this strain now- how was your first meet up and when do you plan to meet up again? I have also been here a little over 2 months! am always excited to meet new people! - Lauren

Lauren, I think we just met last time, haha..Remember, with Ronni, Cessp, Mark and Adelina..

lgaw25 wrote:

Sime- just came across this strain now- how was your first meet up and when do you plan to meet up again? I have also been here a little over 2 months! am always excited to meet new people! - Lauren

@ Mark: I think this is a different Lauren than Lauren Fletch ;-)

@ Nikolos: Maybe start a new thread? This thread has 3 different meet ups in it now. Anyway I will show up if you set a a date. Is it your place you are inviting to?

Hello people,
For me is fine to meet on thursday I think i will be in PP, I am still looking for a plan to travel around this 4 days I have off, but if I don't find any plan i will join you i guess at nikolos place, but if someone is interested in going out of the city let me know, we can plan something for these days.
Greets adelina

Hi guys, i would have loved to go but i'll be in Kep over the long holiday. Maybe text be if something is brewing next week?  ;)
Adelina, if you are in Kep for the long holiday, ring me up, lets do something together :)

Yes! new appartement ! Just got it yesterday! So drinks are on me!
So it's official: THURSAY 10 NOVEMBER 19H-xxH, it's a drink and talk night, everybody is welcomed, especialy if you don't know anyone.
The adress is street 144 N°10E1 (so first floor). It's just the street starting from "La Croisette" on Riverside, the appartement is between Local 2 and Lazy Lizard.
I'll add a plan to find the front door (kind of a labyrinth, this is Phnom Penh ...), and a phone number later today.

THURSADAY IS 10 NOVEMBER, not 11 (sorry)

Great Nikolo.. excited to meet everyone!

So here's the exact location:
Fist find The Lazy Lizard on street 144 (just walk maybe 50 meters from the riverside corner). At the right of the bar there's a typical Phnom Penh alley. Don't worry, it's not a labyrinth, you will not be lost forever. Just follow the only possible path:
something like 30 meters ahead, turn left for 20 meters and turn left again for maybe 15 meters and you will find the stairs. climb first floor, door is open !
Our balcony is right against the bar LOCAL 2.
Here's my number: 066 86 34 64

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/601364lazyst144FILEminimizer.jpg

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/252892thiswayFILEminimizer.jpg

Hi everyone,

My name is Aiken and I moved here from New Zealand about two months ago. i would definately love to meet new people. Nikolos, is it ok if me and three of my friends pop along? I hope you have the space!

Hi Aiken! Everybody is welcome, bring your friends of course, don't know how many we will be, certainly between 10 and 20, it's ok for the living room and balcony!