Family Composition

I am on the process of my visa under the Directive 2004/38.. My question. How can we get a Family Composition in Belgium? How does it take to process this document? I need this for my additional document for my Visa application. Any help much appreciated .

Thank you.

Janice

Hello Janice,

you can get this from the municipality where your fiance is registered,

Good luck on your visa application!

Indeed. Commune can provide this document. It does not take time at all.

Is he need to get appointment before going to the municipality? He registered in deurne, antwerpen?  Any document he needs to bring?

Thanks Sabrina. Any documents he need to bring? And also does he need an appointment to go there at the municipality? Thanks much.

Hi . Is he need to bring any documents at all to get the family composition? And also does he need to have appointment before going to the municipality? Thanks much .

He does not need an appointment (that is the case is most of the townhalls unless it is a super busy one like Brussels 1000). He can walk into the commune/townhall and ask for the document. He just need to take his residence permit or Belgian ID (whichever is applicable) with him. Some townhalls charge a small fee to issue this document.

Thank you so much for the help. We really really appreciated it. I hope we get this so i can submit this document to the embassy. Thanks again!

Good luck !

Hello Janice,

Yes Aneeshks is correct, appointment may vary from municipality to municipality, on our case we got it in Wervik (such a small town) we didn't get appointment, it was just a walk in and that's it! We didn't pay any amount, my fiance only presented his Belgian ID and he got the family composition same day :)

How does family composition certificate support for the short term visa?they asked me for the same as I am planning to visit my cousin

Thanks

If they ask, you just give. The family composition certificate shows the residence history of the person. It shows since when he is living in that address, his national number, etc. It is just an additional supporting document for proving the legitimacy of the person who is inviting you here for short stay.

I submitted my short stay visa application with necessary documents including my cousin apartment ownership certificate in Brussels. After 4 days I received a call from Belgium embassy to clarify my official designation.i explain thenm and the officer said she understood. Total how many days it will take to decide. Does embassy will take longer period if application is rejected.
Thanks

I'm resident in Brussels , and my Family (my wife and my son) have applied to family reunion visa , and they have just arrived with their visas , they don't have a belgium ID yet ,
so what is the document required to extract composition de ménage certification and what is the process time ,
and they should apply first for the belgium ID or   composition de ménage  first

Your "Composition de ménage" will be automatically updated once they get their id card.
So yeah, you've to go back to the commune and start the resident process

kgamal369 wrote:

I'm resident in Brussels , and my Family (my wife and my son) have applied to family reunion visa , and they have just arrived with their visas , they don't have a belgium ID yet ,
so what is the document required to extract composition de ménage certification and what is the process time ,
and they should apply first for the belgium ID or   composition de ménage  first

First thing to do is for them to go to the commune and do the registration (inscription). When this is done, commune will send the file to the ministry who will create national numbers for them and add them to your household (family composition). This is part of the residence permit process.