Personal number takes 3 months -really?

Hi…just been to the skat place and it will take 3 months to get a personal number – what a bummer! So annoyed!...without that I can't work, learn Norwegian or get a bank account so may fly back t the UK for a bit. I also have no WIFI access here and can't buy a Norwegian phone because I'm foreign. This place is quite strict! UK is so much easier – Sweden too in fact that was easy to live in – and France!...

Am a Brit...thinking maybe this move is more hassle than good. Any thoughts?

in Icy Oslo

You can get a D-number first.  They will only issue P number if you have stay for at least 4 months I think during my time (4 yrs ago). 

I was able to open a bank account with D number, job contract and tenancy agreement.  I think you can just open an account with an online bank which I heard is very reliable.  I can't remember the name of the bank off my head.

Update - Its skandiabanken

We were in Skat Tønsberg last week to get person number (after i get my resident card that day) I will get the number in 3-4 weeks the employee said.

I live in Sandefjord and Fønix AS allowed me to start the Norwegian course without my residence card (yet) and person number.

The bank needs my person number though to open bank account.