Abandoning a Rental before rent is due.

As the title states. I want to leave my rental, or rather I must because I am flying back to New York for a job that pertains to my degree. I'm tired of the language barrier and the son and daughter speak broken English, which I can relate to because my grandmother is from Korea. I just want to leave a day early before rent stay a the Airport till noon when my flight leaves for Hong Kong with a 15 hr layover.... But I don't care! I just want to leave and start a real job. These teaching jobs are just stupid. Half the kids don't even want to learn English, so you play with them the entire class. I have not said anything because of the horrors that I've come across of people being kicked out early and then in destitute. This country is so lawless that can't wrap me mind around it. I like the pharmacy though... I got my pain meds when I fell into a loose cement sidewalk door. I had to do pain meds and Cipro because the scrape on my foot had become infected. I just want to get a Tuk leave the keys in a common area and go.

Good luck to you on your future adventures ? It's all a learning experience, best to you

Best wish dear... It's your best experience...

Pay the money you owe to the landlord and start your new life in New York with a fresh start. Do the right thing and dont leave the country owing someone money, you will feel better for it. I speak from experience. Best of luck.

Yes you agree pay what you owe, you will be better for it in the future

You write:  "This country is so lawless that can't wrap me mind around it. "

Did you sign a rental agreement?  And if you did, you now want to ignore a commitment you have made? 

If so, it sounds like a lawless environment is just your cup of tea.

If you want out of an agreement early, talk to the other parties involved, try to work something out.  Be a standup person.

marukai47 wrote:

These teaching jobs are just stupid. Half the kids don't even want to learn English, so you play with them the entire class. I have not said anything because of the horrors that I've come across of people being kicked out early and then in destitute..

I agree; so many of the language schools hire people with no appropriate qualifications and exceptionally bad English.

As for the rent, pay up and leave the place - No worries for anyone there. No landlord is going to get upset at a tenant leaving early as he will get the cash and a chance to rent the place out again.

However, landlords will get upset at a tenant leaving a debt and could well call the police before the thief managed to get on a flight out. Being arrested at the airport could be a bit of a problem and that could leave you "in destitute".