SRRV some basic questions

kilgore99 wrote:

Anyone know if its possible to change a non pension SRRV deposit  of $20,000 to a pension  deposit of $10,000 once i start receiving a pension?

I checked on the above with PRA yesterday. It is possible to change from a non-pension SRRV to a pension SRRV but through a new application. This will be subject to the application fee of $1400.

I've had a nice little surprise that, because of changes to civil service pensions, I will be getting a small UK  pension from April, two and a half years earlier than I had signed up to. This will be sufficient to apply for a pension SRRV. So after much heartache and, thanks to Buzzardman, finding a solution as to how to make the deposit from UK in compliance with new EU banking regulations, I have decided to delay my SRRV application for a while.

I originally looked into the SRRV because I will be travelling around Asia a lot, so my stay in the Philippines is likely to be on a succession of 30 day visas, which has its problems but I can get around those.

That makes a lot of sense