New members of the Hungary forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

@Thomasjb... in which Uni. R u planning to go In Budapest? Is it necessary to know Hungarian to enter in University in Budapest??

Hello everyone,
I am from the US planning to move to Hungary in June of 2018 to be with my fiance and
her 2 children.We are looking in the Balaton area but do not have to settle there.Any advice
on good area's to raise 2 children with shopping,schools and Doctors close would be greatly appreciated. 
I am 50yrs old,disabled and once settled will have my benefits direct deposited in a bank
there in Hungary.I know I can do this but any additional information would be great.
We have got many answers from the internet and these forums,but there are still some questions
that we can not find answers to.
Hopefully we  can find answers to our questions here by posting the ones we can not seem to
find.
Also wanted to mention that my fiance has lived her whole life in Hungary. She helps me study
the language along with the online videos and phone apps,and has been very helpful in our
planning for us to be there together.

Thank you all and hope to meet new friends.

I'm Mohamed Nazim student in Istanbul ( Turkey ), i'm searching about the Hungary educative system and life in Hungary specially for Hungarians, maybe i'll be there after finishing my studies here ( +3 years ) .

Hi

Happy New Year to Everybody. My name is Peter, i have 29 years old, I lived before in Prague, but now I am live in Budapest for international company. I am a economist, and my hobby is listening to music in a best quality (High End). I am ready to meet some people from other country. My English is not the best, but I would like to improve it.

Hi I'm Kate...retired...living on a Tanya near Balástya for 7 years. I breed & show dogs. Before moving here I lived in Greece for 13 years. My Greek husband is also retired. We love it here......struggle with the language....but have made a niche for ourselves. There will be no more moving!

Kate Pinches wrote:

Hi I'm Kate...retired...living on a Tanya near Balástya for 7 years. I breed & show dogs. Before moving here I lived in Greece for 13 years. My Greek husband is also retired. We love it here......struggle with the language....but have made a niche for ourselves. There will be no more moving!

What kind of dogs?

2 Rotts, 5 Pumik, 5 Papillons, 3 mixed breed rescue dogs.......oh, not forgetting a Norwegian Forest Cat.......it's a big family......

Kate Pinches wrote:

2 Rotts, 5 Pumik, 5 Papillons, 3 mixed breed rescue dogs.......oh, not forgetting a Norwegian Forest Cat.......it's a big family......

Just curious about the dogs.

You have quite a lot of different breeds.   

No doubt you'll have seen Komondors and Kuvasz - quite a handful and not for the novice but beautiful dogs indeed.

Hello Everyone,

My name is Brittany. I am 23 years old and currently residing in Australia. My grandparents were born in Hungary and migrated to Oz in '56. I applied for Verification of Citizenship in May 2016 and am awaiting a response for my case.

I hope once I receive my citizenship I can study Graphic Design in the EU. I am very interested in the Hungarian culture, and love researching my family tree. I have visited Budapest twice and can't wait to go back!

If anyone would like to share their own personal experience with the Verification of Citizenship procedure, I would LOVE to hear about it. My case is apparently undergoing 'Birth Registration' (not sure what that means, so all advice welcome!)

Have a great day!

Hello everyone,
My name is Ahmed, coming from Egypt.
I'll be staying in Budapest for the next 3 years for work assignment, just arrived and exploring the city, I'd appreciate any tips for anything 😊 (where to go/not to go, good restaurants/Cafe's, expats events, ....etc)

I like to learn about different cultures and meet new people.
I also like running, squash, tennis and swimming, any recommendations? Anyone interested to join for squash or tennis?
I'm also planning to buy a car, most probably used car, is there any center in Budapest to check used cars and give a report on conditions and if any maintenance required?

Thanks and looking forward to an exciting experience in Budapest 😊

Ahmed

Welcome to the Forum :)

As you have several questions, it might be a good idea starting a new thread. Word of advice if you don't get a response straight away people don't repeat yourself.

Yeah, I didn't see that the post was already on, my mistake 😊

Thanks for the reply.

Hi, looking to spend a couple of years in Hungary as we are ready to retire.  Live and work in the US at this time.

Hello,

And Welcome to Hungary in advance! I'm a Hungarian  English and Dutch teacher, I love teaching kids, my older daughter is 12, too. If you need any help, feel free to contact me.

Annamaria

Hello,

You are an inspiration. I am Hungarian, I live in Budapest and I am told to be a good communicator. :) If you need any help regarding bureaucracy, feel free to contact me.

Wishing you all the best,

Annamaria

Hey Everyone, I'm Dannie. Living for now in Brentwood Bay (near Victoria) on Vancouver Island. Hope to be an expat soonist, as retirement is in my sights on Nov 1, 2018. Love to cycle, hike, enjoy the landscape of new places, and a nice glass of wine when we arrive.

Looking forward to meeting some of you in person soon!

Let's talk some about your experiences in Hungary.

Hi all,

I'm Mark, I live near New York City. My grandparents were born in Hungary and I plan to apply for citizenship via the simplified procedure, once I've got the language skills down (I'm studying with a teacher in Hungary by skype).  I learned to speak Portuguese fluently as an adult and this gives me confidence I'll be able to reach the required level of Hungarian, which is something less than fluent. I'm in no rush--it will happen when it happens. I'm glad to be a part of this community and would be happy to speak with any of you about the simplified procedure or most anything else, because...I like to chat!

Hi!!! My name is Nina Miller and I am from Queensland, Australia. I have lived here all of my wonderful eighteen years on this earth and have completed high school and one semester of university, where I studied Interior Architecture. However have decided to make a leap and move to Budapest, Hungary to be with my fiancé, Márk who is a Hungarian citizen by birth. I am leaving Australian on 1st of February 2018.

As I am a bubbly, friendly, kind and motivated person I am hoping to find a job in Budapest where I'll be able to use my native English skills to my advantage. As I speak very little Hungarian (although learning daily) I need to find a position so that I can apply for a Work Permit and be able to stay for more than 90 days visa free. That way we'll be able to kick long distance to the curb and get married in this beautiful city. If anyone knows of businesses/companies looking for people I'd really appreciate your reply.

I have a Certificate I in Information, Digital Media and Technologies as well as a Certificate II in Tourism. Those certificates combined have given me a opportunity to demonstrate my commitment and determination to complete tasks to the highest degree, as well as valuable skills I'd like to put to use.

I honestly can't wait to experience Hungary and all the incredible things it has to offer.

Thank you for any help or advise you might be able to share with me!

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=751338

Thanks!

Closed