Study Spanish in Spain

Hi guys!

I want to improve my Spanish in Spain so, I'd like to go in there for a while for having an immersion experience, no idea about the city though.

I found these organization on internet (Live and Study in Spain: Go! Go! España) and apparently they can help with all the things you could need and provide advices according to your preferences, did you hear about them?

I know they have another branch, Go! Go! Nihon for Japan and I could find very good feedbacks, but nothing about Go! Go! España, maybe they just started in Spain? No idea, if you have some info please share :).

See yaaa

What is your level of Spanish now?     we have several recommendations.  We have experienced a full week of immersion in Ronda with Entrelenguas, as well as Costa Tropical (Tropical Coast Languages).   If you are A2 level or better, you really can't go wrong with Pueblo Español, they offer so many programs.  I was just reviewing their Spanish immersion program for adults today, so I can plan when I will attend this year.   If you decide you want links to any, just let me know or you can google them.  If you decide to contact any of them, please tell them Wagoners Abroad sent you!

I've exchanged some inquiries with these folks but I have not used them personally.  You may want to take a look and see if they could help: Spain in the Bag.  The young folks in charge seem very good . . . worth an inquiry, anyway!

Ten cuidado y Suerte!

Dear Bryan,

I guess it really depends on how long you are planning on being here and how much immersion you are looking for. All around Spain there are many Spanish courses for foreigners that you can do and depending on the city, etc. you want to be in you can make an informed decision. However, based just on wanting to be here for awhile it is a little difficult to know what is the best option...

What are you looking for in a city and immesion course?

Best, Claudia
sincerelyspain.com

Thr comments above seem very sensible to me but what about a different approach? Do a Spanish course in Spain and your fellow students will be Germans, Britons, Chinese and so on. You can get much the same experience by going to your local adult learning centre in the UK.

On the other hand if you do a cookery course or a bird watching trip or a mindfulness course or whatever it is that interests you in Spain then the chances are that you will be surrounded by Spanish speakers. Of course you may need to get yourself up to some sort of speed in Spanish beforehand by doing some sort of course at home.

I agree with Culebron Chris. I learned Spanish in Puerto Peñasco, Mexico when I was 20 years old. In my case, I rode a motorcycle to Mexico, met a local family, and ended up building a shack on land that they owned, where I stayed. Although there were two American enclaves near Peñasco, I almost never went to them. Almost, no one in the town spoke any English so I HAD to learn Spanish. I took a first year University textbook with me, and would read a chapter and practice that chapter for a few days. Also carried a notebook for writing down slang words. It is difficult being isolated but you learn very quickly. On the other hand, in an environment in which there are many people that speak your native language fluently, you may converse a bit in Spanish, and then the tendency is to switch to the language in which you are both fluent, slowing one's progress.