Varna and Burgas visit during January

Hi everybody,

I will be visiting Varna and Burgas during January 2017.

I would appreciate to meet somebody living in the area in order to get some advice about local life, prices, housing....

Thanks
Max

Hi there,

just spent 2 weeks in Varna searching for an apartment in the city center.

The properties I visited with the real estate agency were quiet expensive, parking place when available was already sold or on sale for more than10K.

Any advice? Should I move the target down to Burgas?

Thanks

Are you looking to buy or to rent?

Varna and Burgas are rather comparable when it comes to purchasing properties, and buying an apartment in the city will not be cheap. (Bulgaria being known for cheap housing usually refers to houses in villages--- apartments, especially in the larger cities tend to be quite high for the country). Of course, that depends on your definition of cheap. Expect to pay at least 40000 euro for a 1 bedroom not remodeled unit, more for in the center. To me, that is not cheap, to others it may be. Renting is a different matter- you can usually find a decent place to rent in Varna for around 200-300 euro, depending on what you are looking for.

Check out olx, homes, holmes, and imot.bg to get a sense of the pricing in the area.

Hi Kojidae,

thanks for the replay.

I'm looking to buy an apartment, and when I say expensive I mean about 80-90K per 1 bed room recent apartment.

Regards
Max

Max-

Then I would definitely check out olx.bg It has listings from realtors and individuals and will at least give you a better sense of the market in Varna. It is in Bulgarian, but you can translate the page with chrome and it translates fairly well.

Good luck.

Thx

Looks like you need a better agent. I can recommend a guy in Bourgas. For Varna - not quite sure if he works there too.

Massimo,

I was in Varna in january too (cold wasnt it?!), and modern 2 bed apartments in the centre were around 1000E per sq.m.
So 1 bedroom apartments should be considerably less.

Each to their own, but I prefer Varna to Burgas,

We were there too from 16th Jan for a week. Must admit Varna was better than I expected and I would happily reside near there.
Hoping to move over soon to a friends house near Yambol and will be trying before buying'.
Busy teaching ourselves Bulgarian now hoping to have a decent bank of words for when we arrive.
Save me imitating a chicken when I go for eggs. I'd prefer chips but I can't copy a potato ;-)

( Good job you don't like "toad in the hole" )
Ha-ha.
We had a lovely 2 week holiday in Albena, obviously it is completely geared up for tourists and holidays, we visited Balchik, they had brand new pent house apartments over looking the sea, short walk from the harbor and restaurants quite inexpensive taking in the surroundings and build, but a nearby estate agent had older properties which had some good prices and the estate agent is a short walk from an Irish bar well in name at least, this was certainly a different side of the Bulgaria I had visited in the past, and was our first real seaside/beach holiday in Bulgaria, having a farm house not far from Ruse, driving across to the Black sea resorts is around 90 minutes?
Cheers Steve.