NEW SCHOOL PROJECT FOR ENGLISH SPEAKING KIDS IN MARRAKECH

Hello, there

I am interested in home-schooling - I have a 12 years old and a 10 years old - both are UK educated. Any advise?

Thank you very much

Amine

Hi, there

I've read your post re Thinking Words - I am interested to know if your view on the school is still positive (since your last post in September 2018). We moved to Marrakech from London last year, my kids attended the KGS school - what a big disappointment - now my girls don't want to go back to that school. I've read mixed comments about Thinking Words - so any advise will be highly appreciated!

Best wishes,

Amine

Thinking words academy is very expensive and the education they provide for that price is my opinion is NOT worth it. You are better off sending your children to the American School located on the road to ouzarate.

Hi, Habeebah

Thank you for your reply - much appreciated. I was told that the American school is very expensive (prohibitive).  My plan is to use a good enough school - and top it up with private tuition.

I must say that I've been rather disappointed by the education system in Marrakech - it's all about money, money...and more money.

I was told that Rabat is different.

Anyway - I will keep hoping.

Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Best wishes,

Amine

Hi

Did anyone find a decent English school as I have a daughter 4.5 year old who needs a great school in marrakech.

This is me *** if anyone is networking in general.

Moderated by Priscilla 4 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

Have you checked out BASM 1st British school in Morocco?
I'm currently contemplating this school but believe they are very new.

Hello,

My name is Riya and I have came to Marrakech in the month of april only with my husband.
Yesterday I was just browsing on the google and just searched for english speaking school in Marrakech but i didn't found much and I got your post. It was nice to read your post and I also want to contribute to start an english school in Marrakech. It will be nice that we can have an English school with also french and arabic teaching.

Waiting to hear you soon.......

Salam
We will be in Ouarzazate but we will also spend time in Marrakech. It would be good to have access to an English speaking school that teacher Arabic and French as well.
Do you have an on what curriculum to use? K-12 sells their curriculum which we plan to use if we can't find a school like you described.

Read this thread, curious how this has come so far.  I will be in Agadir, with limited options for my two kiddos.  We are looking to homeschool but I really want them to have more interaction.

I am in Agadir but were you using the k-12 curriculum online?  We're hoping for a school too, but options are super limited here also.

Hi I like your idea and I'm happy to help .
I would like to register my two boys too

Hi,

I tried KGS and was terribly disappointed (money is all they are interested in). I've spoken to other parents, whose kids attended various 'so called British schools' - the same disappointment is shared by all. I have decided to put them in a private French / Arabic school, with extra tuition courses, and so far so good. They are learning a new language and seem happy.  It was a bit hard at the start, then they got to speed with other kids.

The fees are one fifth of what I used to pay KGS.

Best regards

I see the British embassy was endorsing The British Academy as being the 1st school in Marrakech to teach a British curriculum.

Yes - but have spoken to few people who weren't too pleased with the school and ended up taking their kids back to the schools they moved from.

I cannot go into the details - but the gist of it is that it's a Business like any other Business (it's not there for the love of teaching kids - but for the Euros / USD, etc. Sad but true!

It's sad and disappointing to hear this. Me and my wife work in education, we help student gain entry to university in the U.K. Our service is free and personal, that's our mission. Opening a school is something we've talked about, I'd be interested to hear if you could create the perfect school what would it be like, what would convince you to send your family there. What would it offer that for example the British Academy does not offer.

Caring for the kids and for their future - the personal (and unique) touch - that's all!

All that the parents want is to feel that their kids aren't seen as 'customers'. My kids were in KGS for a year and I promise you that I've never receive feedback (good or bad), the few times we would get a message, then it's to do with a fee increase, exam fees, payments for books, etc. A telling sign is the Parents / Teachers meetings - I've attended two - only a quarter of the teachers turned up.

At the school where my kids are  currently attending, I wouldn't say it's the perfect model, but there are few teachers that stand out - these are the ones that really care about the well-being of  the kids, their eduction, their future, their stability, etc. They'd reach out to you - when they feel your child is in need of help, they'd provide constructive feedback, they offer to help!!

Not only parents can tell the difference - but the kids are the best ones to judge (my kids know who cares and who is simply there for the pay check at the end of the month).

Hi, there

I am interested in learning more about your work / assistance given to students to help them get in to UK universities. My son is 18, he'll be sitting his A-level exams, in June 2021 (fingers crossed - the exams aren't cancelled).
Do you have a website? Could you please tell me a bit more about your work.

Many thanks!

Best wishes

Hi
PM me your details and we will get in touch. I assume your son is in the U.K. already?
Thx

@traveller051216

hi,

just read this topic! I have the same difficulty, wondering if you guys found a solution back  2017?

My daughter is 7 now, speaks dutch but will be quick learning English if that would mean affordable quality education.

hope you guys can give some positive news I haven't found on the internet yet.

Thx!

Hi everybody,

i am a moroccan mom i have one wish that my child of 2 years could speak english like a native one. Please if you have a way to advice, any courses or school to attend.

Regards,

Hello I'm a native English speaker also certified English Teacher I'd be happy to help

Hello everyone I'm a native English speaker from uk London I am certified English Teacher I'm able to teach online also face to face lessons so please don't hesitate to contact me.

First Language English.

Second Language Arabic.

Third Language Spanish.

Hi there,

Maybe you should try TWA which is short for Thinking Words Academy. It has been a kind of great fit for our children!! Most importantly, the British Curriculum has been an educational success for them both.

Indeed, I have had my two children enrolled there for the past 5yrs. My overall experience has been very positive. My husband and I could not be more thankful. Located Route de Fes, km 12, TWA is more than an academy — it is a FAMILY of students, teachers, staff and parents who truly care. We feel strongly that everyone there is fully invested in the WHOLE of our children — not just academically, but the WHOLE of each child and the growth of their character, the way they treat others and themselves first and foremost.

We have seen tremendous development and growth in all of these areas from our children and we are so thankful for this very special place.

I hope this would help.