BBQ- Jeddah

Came to know that the police have been handing out fines for BBQ/ Sheeha along the corniche. Does any one know of "BBQ friendly" places for families?

Yes they do. I think the best place for BBQ and i am only aware of is the Jomana Park at King Abdullah Economic city as they put public ovens. I know it is far away but i was there yesterday and the weather was amazing.

Cheers,

Is it easy to enter kaec?

Yep. Just register online and go. They will ask you to upload your car's registration and driving license. Cheers

how to register online??

You can register here.
http://visit.kaec.net/apply

Thanks a lot for the info. Can you give us the link where I have to register ! Thankyou so much

For some reason, the link still seems to be "under review".
However, if you go to the KAEC .net and click on Visit, then scroll down and click on Juman Park, then click on the blue Discover More button, you'd Juman Park's sub-site. There on the top right you'll find an option to "Apply for a visit". Click on that, then click on "Register here to visit KAEC", you'll get directed to a form. Fill it and you'll be registered.

I registered online but was denied entry like many others. It was very crowded and not well managed at all. Not recommended.

I went last week kaec and they didnt allow entry even after registration. Reason probably being it started becoming too crowded with expats. The guard saw iqama and said us to return back after looking nationality.. some people were allowed to go. On asking he said they allowing only those people to enter who are registered online with western/european/australian/labanese nationalities. In short south asians are not welcomed for apparent reasons.. they also allow certain company employees too like that of aramco, sabic, kaust, emar etc.. and those who either live or have bookings inside in hotel which costs alot.

I went with family and ended up going dhaban marine park as i had to do bar b q.. Wastage of time and money on going so far.. in my opinion dhaban park is better anyways for bar b q after introduction of entry fees as its not crowded anymore like before..

How much is the entry fee