Sharing accommodation in Dar

Hello,

I'm in the final negotiations for a job in Dar es Salaam and am doing research into the accommodation options. It does appear that accommodation can be expensive so I'm wondering if it's normal to share houses or apartments with other expats? Having lived in Sydney and London where it's completely acceptable to share with people you either do or don't know initially. If it is normal is there a site or a newspapper where people advertise for flat mates in Dar?

Many thanks,
Renee Joyce

Hi Renee, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope you get replies very soon.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Hi Renee,

I am in a similar situation than you were in January. I got offered a position in Dar starting at the end of March.

I am now looking for information on how to find accomodation in Dar and preferably not too expensive hence the house sharing option.

Have you found any accomodation yet/any tips ?

Many thanks !
D

Hi Renee,
It is not common like Syd/London but expats do share their apartments in Dar as well. I have seen few advertisements in a local magazine (called Dar Advertisement) but not sure whether there is any site for such. I moved to Dar few months back from Sydney and loving it.
Cheers
Mak

AussieRJ wrote:

Hello,

I'm in the final negotiations for a job in Dar es Salaam and am doing research into the accommodation options. It does appear that accommodation can be expensive so I'm wondering if it's normal to share houses or apartments with other expats? Having lived in Sydney and London where it's completely acceptable to share with people you either do or don't know initially. If it is normal is there a site or a newspapper where people advertise for flat mates in Dar?

Many thanks,
Renee Joyce

Hello Renee Joyce .
My name is vebra bashir i  have room that i want to let in dar es salaam in the city centre near by diamond trust bank with inlcude service and meals too . you can call me in +255.6850.55528 .
hoppe hear from you soon . nice to know you .

Have a look at advertisingdar.com there are usually some people looking to share accommodation. Dar Es Salaam can be expensive but there are reasonable properties as well. Try to live in Masaki, oysterbay, mikocheni, ada estate, Regent estate, Kawe , mbezi or upanga. These are all reasonably good neighbourhoods. Masaki and Oysterbay are on the Peninsular which is most sought after.

dear Jenne
My name is mahesh patel im expat since 9 years in dar es salaam, and i came to know that you are looking for sharing appartment or house, i would like to know are you intrested for sharing aprtments with Bachelors, family or ladies only? please let me know so that i will help you to find ASAP.

regards
Mahesh

Hi
        I am moving to Dar es Salaam asap. My offer has been finalized. I am looking for sharing accommodation. Help needed.

Regards
Balachander

Hi Balachander > you should post an advert in the housing in Dar es Salaam section. Best of luck.