Property prices in Lesotho

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Lesotho is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Lesotho?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

I am offering accommodation in Maseru-west. Maseru-west is a prime location. Its property prices are among the highest in Lesotho. It has all the utilities (tarred roads, street lights, electricity, water, and sewage).

Most houses are government own. Most ministers and deputy ministers live here. The state houses are situated here.

Most expatriates prefer Maseru-west. I live in Maseru-west. My extended family owns several properties here.

Prices for a bachelor average at 7,000 to 10,000 Maloti. 2 bedroom flats average 10,000 to 15,000.

It is advisable to prebook accommodation. For further information you can contact me (Thabiso) **. I'm on WhatsApp.

Moderated by Christine 6 years ago
Reason : Please avoid your contact details on the forum. Thank you