Property prices in the Canary Islands

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in the Canary Islands is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in the Canary Islands?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

Would you be so kind as to send me info on 1-2 bedroom villas with pool, I love the country side but with transport access to town also with naubouers but not too close, if I can give you further information please mail. Many thanks Kevin Hammond

Hello Kevin,

Welcome on board !

Have you checked the listing in the Housing in the Canary Islands section ?

Regards,

Bhavna

I can tell you a little about Gran Canaria.

In general the most expensive and desired places are in the South, especially Maspalomas area, since the weather is the best and most estate complexes have pools.

The next most desired place will be Las Palmas, it's the capital and has got all you need. Then the East since it is easily connected by a motorway to the other two places. Then other areas like the North and into the centre of the island and the mountains. Here you can find many cheaper properties but will be cold at night in winter!

I am happy to help more if you have any more detailed questions, not sure if it's possible to contact me directly on here though