Property prices in Phnom Penh

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Phnom Penh is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Phnom Penh?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

So far I'm still living mostly in China, though I live in Phnom Penh when I'm in Cambodia.  I live with my girlfriend and rent is less than $200/mo

Toul Tompoung area is the best one,
You could get 2 bedroom apartment with around $300 ,fully furnished,utilities,wifi,nice balcony, very friendly landlord and neighborhoods , and the tuk tuk / moto dob driver never overcharge you like other place ;)
Plus easy to reach restaurants,and any shops you need.
So, Tuol Tompoung area is the best.
Because i also live in TTP.

With Phnom Penh the world is your Oyster! When considering where to live a lot of factors come into play, how far is it to where I work, if you have children, how far is their school, are there supermarkets nearby, places to eat, entertainment etc.

The riverside/central Phnom Penh is popular for many expats because of the bars, restaurants, entertainment, places to see, yes there is a seedier side but only if you want it. Expect to pay $250 upwards, the lower end don't have too many expectations.

BKK area, more up market, NGO land, prices start from $350 (basic) upwards

Russian Market, prices start from $200 upwards, a few bars, more restaurants  but you are further out from the centre.

The best thing to decide is do you want to be close to where you work and then travel to the entertainment areas or vice versa.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Off-Topic. Please drop an advert in the Housing in Phnom Penh section. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct