Domestic Help

This is my first time abroad and we are looking to get an all-around domestic helper. I am not sure yet if we will do Live-in or out yet. Our kids are all in high school so they don't need a yaya. We just need household cleaning, cooking, and occasional grocery shopping. What is the average salary for full-time and part-time?

Where ru right now

I think most salaries for live-in housekeepers here in Metro Manila range from 4k to 7k pesos.  I say that because friends (including expat friends), relatives, acquaintances pay within that range.

My long-time housekeeper left last September. Her replacement receives 7k / month plus SSS, PagIbig, PhilHealth.

One way to determine more-or-less what to offer a housekeeper is to ask reputable maid agencies (such as maidprovider.ph) how much is the salary for their referrals, even if you don't intend to hire through an agency.

Hi Succosa1904,

Welcome to https://www.expat.com! :)

Try to have a look at the Manila jobs section. Also for all job offer, you should post your advert in the > Jobs in Manila section.

Do not hesitate to post here if you have other questions.

Thank you and good luck,
Christine
Expat.com

Makati

Thank you

Good morning Ma'am! are you still looking for a house helper?

Yes we are

Thanks everyone for the helpful input

I just want to share my recent experience with my housekeeper:

In my previous post, I mentioned that I have a housekeeper whom a pay PhP7k / month. Well, she didn't even stay for 1 month.

She was the sister of my brother's housekeeper. I gave her PhP2,500 for her and her sister's transportation (the sister had to go back to her province to fetch our housekeeper because she doesn't know how to commute within Metro Manila)  and food allowance. Before coming here, we agreed also that she could take a leave from November 15 to 17 so she can attend her son's Sacrament of Confirmation rites.

One week after she started working, she asked for an advance of PhP3k, which was fine with me since I want her to stay longer with us. Before leaving for her hometown, she asked if she could have the rest of her salary (PhP4k) so she could buy items that her son needs for the Confirmation and other stuff. Since she had been with us for just a little over 3 weeks, I gave her PhP3k instead of PhP4k.

For her trip back to her hometown, I had one of my assistants commute with her to the bus station. I gave her the number of my assistant so she can be fetched from the bus station on November 17. Come November 17, my assistant received a text from her saying that she cannot go back because her husband, who by the way is an alcoholic according to her, wouldn't let her because there would be no one to attend to their kids and that the grandmother already has her hands full taking care of other grandchildren.

Our housekeeper's sister, who in turn is my brother's housekeeper, said that our housekeeper would come back if she could take 2 days off every 2 weeks to go back to her province to see her kids. 

The thing is though may not be a lot to us here in the city, it actually goes a long way in the province where the cost of living is lower. I think what will happen if I agree to her terms is that she would ask for an advance before she goes home, and then extend her stay there until she runs low on funds. My husband and I need regularity and predictability in our schedules and routines. So, I said, "No thank you."

I have another candidate from General Santos City. I hope she's not like the last one. Or like one of my parents' housekeeper way back, who used them to buy her a plane ticket from Mindanao. She worked for them for a month, left without notice, and reunited with her long-time boyfriend in Manila.

It's hard to find a good housekeeper who would stay for a long time.

Hi Mam,
Are you still looking for a house helper? I'm Rosy an ex abroad domestic helper of New Zealander family in Hong Kong year 2006-2011.

Succosa1904 wrote:

This is my first time abroad and we are looking to get an all-around domestic helper. I am not sure yet if we will do Live-in or out yet. Our kids are all in high school so they don't need a yaya. We just need household cleaning, cooking, and occasional grocery shopping. What is the average salary for full-time and part-time?

Hi mam im rose fr phil im laso living in makati at desame time,,are u still looking for helper ,,im available anytime,, i can cool chinese food ,western food,mexican food,,all around helper is not the problem with me coz i waa working in singapore in 18 yrs and im juat back
I can opwrqte different types of electrical for cleaning ect,,pls gve me feedback