Buying a house/apartment?

While I visited Dalat by travelling, I fall in love of this place.
Stayed here for over one week.
Nice people.
Comfortable climate.
Beautiful mountains and lakes.
Here comes to a question: How can I long term rent a fully furnitured house/apartment or even buying one?

=====
Alternative strategy of living in Dalat:
I heard that buying real estate in VN is not allowed
So, I can actually re-structure my capital in VN by putting money in the capital market and use the interest income/dividend to pay the rent.
This is a thought only at the current stage.
=====

Do any body has suggestion for me?
It will be much appreciated if you just comment or give me a few hits as a brainstorming.
Much thanks!!!

Personal info:
Hong Kong citizen
I do not speak Vietnamese, just English
Work in Finance industry

williamwong wrote:

While I visited Dalat by travelling, I fall in love of this place.
Stayed here for over one week.
Nice people.
Comfortable climate.
Beautiful mountains and lakes.
Here comes to a question: How can I long term rent a fully furnitured house/apartment or even buying one?

=====
Alternative strategy of living in Dalat:
I heard that buying real estate in VN is not allowed
So, I can actually re-structure my capital in VN by putting money in the capital market and use the interest income/dividend to pay the rent.
This is a thought only at the current stage.
=====

Do any body has suggestion for me?
It will be much appreciated if you just comment or give me a few hits as a brainstorming.
Much thanks!!!

Personal info:
Hong Kong citizen
I do not speak Vietnamese, just English
Work in Finance industry

1) You can rent for as long as your landlord will rent to you and you have a visa. I've had two periods in the past 15 months where I still paid rent to maintain my place even though my visa expired and I was out of the country. In each case I made sure the landlord knew my plans AND had the money up front.

2) I'm pretty sure foreigners can purchase land in Da Lat. That's certainly what the real estate people with whom I speak tell me. Would you be able to keep your money working for you in HK and still use it to pay rent?

Back to your first paragraph... I'd suggest a 6-month lease to start and working up from there. There are many things about Vietnam or any country that only become apparent and/or make a difference after you've been there a while non-stop.

Good luck.

Thanks bro.

Agree with John, take a short term lease and get a feel for how things work. I have read so many posts where someone has been here many times on short stays, and think they really know a place, living here full time is different.
Good luck.

Thanks, gd advice.

I did stayed in Vietnam for 3 months by travel visa. And met some VN local friends in other cities. The fact is Dalat style is more conservative and quiet (though I like it), it's hard to know someone ( I stayed for over 2 weeks, longest stay among VN).