Buying a car in malta

Anyone know how/where to transfer a vehicle title in Malta?  Looks like I'll pick up my little red jeep this afternoon...

Thank you
Chad

Hi Chad,

I quote from my car registration certificate:

"To register a transfer,complete the form ( the form is on the back of the Reg.Certificate) together with the buyer and return to Malta Transport Authority, together with the Vehicle License Disc,copy of seller's,buyer's and witness I.D. card and a certificate of Insurance,in the buyers name,valid until after the next renewal date of the license,within 7 days from the date of transfer.Other documents may also need to be presented,depending on the circumstances of the transfer".

The Registration Certificate is issued by ADT(Malta Transport Authority).

Hope this info helps.

Ricky

congratulations on your purchase :)

Yahoooo We got the little red Jeep....  and My wife is loving it because "it's cute"...

process.

1. get insurance... sounds easy huh..

a. went to emlo ins. main office, they wouldn't even look at me because I am American

b. went to atlas who would insure me with good driver recommendation letters from my previous insurers...   I have been driving the streets of Afghanistan and Iraq for the last 5 years and i can tell you now They only gave me "offensive driving in armord vehicle training"  I dont think the insurance companies want to hear that I am B+ certified for tactical vehicles....

c. went to a different elmo office, yeah no trouble 247Euro and please sign here...  in and out in 5 minutes.

what a pain..

2. after that registered the car in my name with no troubles,

3. installed the gps on the window, and clicked "home"

Life is good.

Hi Chad,

Congratulations!

The armoured vehicle training for tactical vehicles might come in handy on the Maltese roads.

Steer clear of the potholes as they might be bigger than bomb craters and good luck with your 'tactical' vehicle.

Cheers
Ricky

Elmo? You should have tried Kermit first.

Congrats and Happy New Year.

Tim

There was an unfortunate incident this week, and Kermit was hospitalized with sever neck injuries involving rope burn...   Nobody knows how it happened exactly but Miss Piggy is currently being questioned and the term auto-erotic asphyxiation is going around the office... 

Long story short, Kermit is out of the office so I got stuck with Elmo... 

Next weeks trick is figure out how to get a Maltese drivers license...

Ricky,

keep in mind I used the word OFfensive driving, they didnt offer a DEfensive driving course which is what I need in Malta... These folks are nuts, and in a hurry to go nowhere :)

As for the Maltese road craters...  Your right on!