How to get Kenyan residency?

Hi everybody!

Maybe you can help me, I'm living in kenya for 10 months now with bussines visa (similar to tourist one). I'm gonna live here for a couple of years at least...how can I get the official residency? does anybody know the rules?

Thanks a lot in advance...

Lola

Welcome on board Lola :)

Hope you will get some responses soon :)

Regards ;)

Thanks Yud!

Some people is answering already...thanks a lot! but maybe I didn't explain myself right. I'm not talking about working permit, because I think you can work (with a working permit) but don't be a resident. And I also think that you can obtain the residency and not being working (imagine you're rich!, that unfortunally it's not my case! :-)).

The reason of my question is because I want to adopt a child, and because I'm living in Kenya I would like this child to be kenyan. So I would like to start preparing my papers just in case. To adopt a kenyan child if you are spanish one of the possibilities is to be resident.

So, I would really appreciate some information about it. Thanks!!!

Lola

apply through the ministry of immigration in kenya www.immigration.go.ke

getting official residency is not that easy. coming in as an investor you need to show considerable net worth to the authorities.
Further depending on your business intentions the authorities will also need supporting evidence. Unfortunately like most of us, your not a millionaire hence maybe showing the funds would be an issue. But there are ways of getting your residency sorted out here in Kenya using existing legislation and gray areas in our legal system. Of course everything is purely official.
As to adopting a child , the authorities (with the support of several NGO's) have really clamped down on the haphazard system of adopting in the past. It is still possible but more stringent requirements are in place.
If you are truly serious about getting your plans into action please send me an email on [email protected] and I will assist you where possible.