Will The Olympics Survive

"Truthfully, when someone is forced to eat his words, yes, it feels good. And when that same someone can't seem to admit that he was wrong and keeps embarrassing himself with comments meant to provoke me, yes, it feels good. After all, I'm not perfect - like Lochte, I'm only human.  ;) If I had found myself in your shoes, I would have had the decency to admit that I was wrong and then would have let the issue drop instead of dragging it out. But if you want to keep engaging me, go right ahead. Just sayin'..."VC

Pay attention V. I have nothing to eat. All i did was comment on the reports and of course on your pre-judgements against these men. You embarrass yourself. Save the insults.

I'm still waiting for ALL the facts Victoria. I'll not engage you until then, but I will give you this; one of the swimmers was held until he paid $10,800 US to "charity",  A gun was used to "control" the men until they paid R$100.00. the two who were "detained" were kept until they change their story and indicated Lochte (who was safe at home) as leader.

Calm down VC, The "facts" can be interpeted more than just your way. Right now these guys just want out of Brasil. I imagne they will say, pay and do whatever it takes.

As I wrote before the fact that these men are American seems to mean more to you than me. But I have every reason to know that they will not profit from this debacle at home  if wrong.

Enjoy yourself V. You will be very popular US bashing  with the locals at the bar. If you wanted this dropped you had every opportunity.

Exnyer, oh, you've been engaging and baiting and insulting since the VERY BEGINNING. All you have to do is go back and read your posts. Enjoy eating your...meal.  ;)

Alright, I'm done being petty here.  Thanks for the entertainment. :)

p.s.  I don't need to be popular at the local bar. Sorry to break it to ya, but I don't go to the local bar to make friends. I have a small but good group of about 20 friends made up of Brazilians, Americans, and people from various countries all over the world, and guess what? Regardless of nationality, nearly all of us agree on Lochte Gate. But if someone were to disagree with me, I'd respect their opinion as well he or she had the decency and intelligence to express their opinion without degrading or attacking others.  :cool:

quote=VictoriaChandler]Unfortunately, this Lochte Gate situation has overshadowed the real story about crime during Rio's Olympics...

It looks like the tourist police station(s) in Rio is very busy.  :(

Sorry you missed the point. According to the article this all was reported in a 2 hour period.

This IS the story. This is what the world will remember. This is what I did not want.
It will only make things harder for the country  in the long run.

exnyer wrote:

quote=VictoriaChandler]Unfortunately, this Lochte Gate situation has overshadowed the real story about crime during Rio's Olympics...

Sorry you missed the point. According to the article this all was reported in a 2 hour period.

This [b]is[/b] the story. This is what the world will remember. This is what I did not want.

I didn't miss anything. They were were very busy during a 2-hour period, and I noted this in my post - it was a direct quote from the article. Er...so your point is?  Apparently, you need to take a class in basic reading comprehension.  :(

VictoriaChandler wrote:

Exnyer, oh, you've been engaging and baiting and insulting since the VERY BEGINNING. All you have to do is go back and read your posts. Enjoy eating your...meal.  ;)

engaging? only if I need to be. Insulting? NEVER, baiting? nonsense. Pretty? no comment.

I have wrttten only on the facts and I made every effort to defuse YOUR angry comments.

I'd advise you to reread our exchange and to do so without that chip on your shoulder. If it helps, think of me as a retired computer nerd.  :cool:

exnyer wrote:
VictoriaChandler wrote:

engaging? only if I need to be. Insulting? NEVER, baiting? nonsense. Pretty? no comment.

I have wrttten only on the facts and I made every effort to defuse YOUR angry comments.

I'd advise you to reread our exchange and to do so without that chip on your shoulder. If it helps, think of me as a retired computer nerd.  :cool:

LIke I said, I suspect you need to take a course in basic reading comprehension. Poor, exnyer. :(

VictoriaChandler wrote:
exnyer wrote:

This [b]is[/b] the story. This is what the world will remember. This is what I did not want.

I didn't miss anything. They were were very busy during a 2-hour period, and I noted this in my post - it was a direct quote from the article. Er...so your point is?  Apparently, you need to take a class in basic reading comprehension.  :(

My bad. Let me guide you through this.

Your use of the word "overshadowed" proves that you want all the murders, robberies, attacks, body parts and all the other thruths surrounding these games to be thrown out, given a pass- because some Americans were dumb enough to provide you with an out.

You have officially drunk the kool aid.

LIke I said, I suspect you need to take a course in basic reading comprehension. Poor, exnyer. :(

Attempt at feigned empathy Vicky? Weak. ;)

Bless your heart.....................

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/18/sport … questions/

For those who know how to read and comprehend basic English (and those who know the definition of the  word "overshadow"  ;) ), enjoy reading Lochte's official apology (he will surely be ripped apart by Americans, Brazilians, world citizens, the press, and on social media for this half-assed apology, but at least he can admit that he was wrong - unlike some other people I know  ;) )

"I want to apologize for my behavior last weekend -- for not being more careful and candid in how I described the events of that early morning and for my role in taking the focus away from the many athletes fulfilling their dreams of participating in the Olympics. I waited to share these thoughts until it was confirmed that the legal situation was addressed and it was clear that my teammates would be arriving home safely.""

"It's traumatic to be out late with your friends in a foreign country -- with a language barrier -- and have a stranger point a gun at you and demand money to let you leave, but regardless of the behavior of anyone else that night, I should have been much more responsible in how I handled myself and for that I am sorry to my teammates, my fans, my fellow competitors, my sponsors, and the hosts of this great event. I am very proud to represent my country in Olympic competition and this was a situation that could and should have been avoided. I accept responsibility for my role in this happening and have learned some valuable lessons.""

"I am grateful for my USA Swimming teammates and the USOC, and appreciate all of the efforts of the IOC, the Rio '16 Host Committee, and the people of Brazil who welcomed us to Rio and worked so hard to make sure that these Olympic Games provided a lifetime of great new memories. There has already been too much said and too many valuable "resources dedicated to what happened last weekend, so I hope we spend our time celebrating the great stories and performances of these Games and look ahead to celebrating future successes."

The United States Olympic Committee also issued this apology:

Announcing that two swimmers have now flown out of a Rio airport after being detained by police, U.S. Olympic Committee CEO Scott Blackmun is apologizing for how the pair and two other swimmers behaved in Brazil.

"The behavior of these athletes is not acceptable," Blackmun said, referring to swimmers Ryan Lochte, James Feigen, Gunnar Bentz and Jack Conger." On behalf of the United States Olympic Committee, we apologize to our hosts in Rio and the people of Brazil for this distracting ordeal in the midst of what should rightly be a celebration of excellence."

For those who know how to read and comprehend basic English (and those who know the definition of the  word "overshadow"  ;) ), enjoy reading Lochte's official apology (he will surely be ripped apart by Americans, Brazilians, world citizens, the press, and on social media for this half-assed apology, but at least he can admit that he was wrong - unlike some other people I know  ;) )

"I want to apologize for my behavior last weekend -- for not being more careful and candid in how I described the events of that early morning and for my role in taking the focus away from the many athletes fulfilling their dreams of participating in the Olympics. I waited to share these thoughts until it was confirmed that the legal situation was addressed and it was clear that my teammates would be arriving home safely.""

"It's traumatic to be out late with your friends in a foreign country -- with a language barrier -- and have a stranger point a gun at you and demand money to let you leave, but regardless of the behavior of anyone else that night, I should have been much more responsible in how I handled myself and for that I am sorry to my teammates, my fans, my fellow competitors, my sponsors, and the hosts of this great event. I am very proud to represent my

For the record. VC waited for me to log out to post this and tried to sneak this little gem in as well:

"p.s.  I don't need to be popular at the local bar. Sorry to break it to ya, but I don't go to the local bar to make friends. I have a small but good group of about 20 friends made up of Brazilians, Americans, and people from various countries all over the world, and guess what? Regardless of nationality, nearly all of us agree on Lochte Gate. But if someone were to disagree with me, I'd respect their opinion as well he or she had the decency and intelligence to express their opinion without degrading or attacking others. "

Lochte Gate? really? reaching for relevance much?

By the way VC he maintains that the gun was pointed at his head and he was robbed. The truth is still not in. 20 people who agree with you.....i'm convinced. NOT!

I'll stay logged in for a little while so you can respond directly and not hide behind the network. SMH and  WMF

I'm of the mindset that Lochte should give his medal back and pay the 25K less taxes of course to the State of Rio for they can use the money for it seems he has a spin doctor writing this letter for he does have handlers, I read he had a reality show and I guess he wanted to be in the Limelight well he got his 15 minutes of fame and shame. It's disheartening when as Americans we say things for the shock and awe and do not analyze the repurcushions of what we have said, needless to say we know who is not Welcome back for as this story unfolds 2 of the swimmers have been sent back and they should get the ugly red stamp in there passports as for the 4th swimmer maybe he's off to a party for the weekend. I think there is far more crime that was reported and not reported and more to come as it all winds down and now for the Paralympics there will be people who are disabled robbed also for it is a feast for the life in Rio a lot of the reported crime was people being careless for they set themselves up not saying it was all there fault yet some of what I read was obvious and people know the things about Rio can be true for there is information everywhere and warnings everywhere it's not just bad luck it's about being aware of one's surroundings at all times. I have never been to Rio, have no desire to go to Rio well maybe if it's a layover enroute to the north. I was never excited about towns with a lot of woopla attached and yes I know I'm missing out on Carnival and the poverty and possibly the mugging and robbery for hard times help with this behavior. Brasil is in Crisis mode throughout the whole country and those without will take from those with for there needs as this one incident does not define the whole country. The attention given to the "Lochte Legacy" will go down with infamy and soon forgotten about for once this Olympics is over that's when things will really get going, think crime is bad now, wait until it sinks in that the Security is gone and there's no pay again for the civil servants. I am outside of the country in a observatory mode and I am not afraid for if one is diligent and takes precautions and respectful of a differant culture and country all should be well. One has to bring respect to get respect as that is what I've been told. When I was in Belem I had no problems for I did the tourist thing lived in Marimbia and I think I was the only American around to my knowledge for we are far between. I shopped each day as I wanted, I went to the atm as I wanted and walked where I wanted. I was aware due to my hostess and future bride to be safe and to be careful. I felt being the only American provided me some safety in my neighborhood for all knew the Americano and I kept it simple never any jewelry, cellphone at home or only when we would travel to the popular sights, we would stay in our neighborhood after dark and mingle with the crowds in our neighborhood and party with family and friends I was treated like the American is here and why for all respected me and I never set myself up for BS to happen. All in All certain cities get a bad rap and part of the reason is people do not respect where they are. It also helps to thumbs up and smile and keep moving. As I said the worst is yet to come. Have a good day and that's my Rant. I'm sure I'll have more/lol :cheers:

Alascana wrote:

I'm of the mindset that Lochte should give his medal back and pay the 25K less taxes of course to the State of Rio for they can use the money for it seems he has a spin doctor writing this letter for he does have handlers, I read he had a reality show and I guess he wanted to be in the Limelight well he got his 15 minutes of fame and shame.

Alascana, for some reason, I'd thought that you were a Brazilian female. You're an American male?! Why didn't I realize this? Stupid me!  :lol:

I don't think Lochte should be forced to give his medal back. He lied and is now facing backlash for his lies. (He may have also committed a crime - I'm pretty sure providing a false statement to the police is a crime.) He should be taken to task for his lies - and possible crime - but I don't think his Olympic medal should be revoked because his lies have no bearing on his actual performance at the Olympics. (If he cheated during his swim relay, then yes, go ahead and revoke his medal.) But let's agree to disagree, shall we? I respect your opinion for you have always been respectful of others' opinions including mine.  :top:

In my opinion, Lochte's apology is basically a non-apology disguised as an apology. He really seems to be saying, "I'm sorry I got caught lying. I'm not actually sorry for what I did. I was 'traumatized' by men with guns and confused by the 'language barrier.' In fact, I still won't admit that I LIED to everyone and that my FABRICATED story caused an international shit storm that dragged my teammates into the mess and embarrassed my country in front of the whole world."

Hey, Lochte! Did you ever consider that maybe the "men with guns" would have left you and your buddies in peace if you hadn't vandalized a restroom in the first place? A detail you conveniently omitted from your story to the press and to the police!  :/

What an idiot. I'm so disappointed. He had an opportunity to step up and truly take responsibility for his actions; instead, he chose to make up excuses and tried to deflect attention from his wrongdoings in this half-assed apology. Good apologies are terribly underrated!

Here we go and it will just get worse over the days,weeks,months to come!
Police killings of favela residents continue as Games go on in Rio
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ … egregation
I am not looking forward to this playing out!
Enjoy if one has time.

Al, Rio is hardly the only option in Brasil. It is a seductive place and seems to have an hypnotic effect on people.

Do some online research or I can give you a list of locations that would give you a real view of the capabilities of Brasil.

There are beaches just as beautiful without the body parts. Hotels just as accommodating without the pretense.

Safer cleaner and just as fun.

I've been to Rio. Vegas is so much better, but I wouldn't recommend living there either.

Anyway come on down to Brasil. just skip Rio for a while.

Meanwhile Back @ the Ranch.
Rio 2016: U.S. swimmers' story of being robbed points to residents' very real concerns | Fox News Latino
http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/sports … s/?ref=yfp
But W8, it's all you can read Thursday
After apology, questions about future loom for Lochte
https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-american-s … --spt.html
Oh what tangled Web we Weave. :dumbom:
Addendum :Bob Costas Says Ryan Lochte Cost Himself 'Millions and Millions' in Rio Robbery Controversy
https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/bob-cos … 13051.html
Well it worst than the fine!/lol

exnyer wrote:

Al, Rio is hardly the only option in Brasil. It is a seductive place and seems to have an hypnotic effect on people.

Do some online research or I can give you a list of locations that would give you a real view of the capabilities of Brasil.

There are beaches just as beautiful without the body parts. Hotels just as accommodating without the pretense.

Safer cleaner and just as fun.

I've been to Rio. Vegas is so much better, but I wouldn't recommend living there either.

Anyway come on down to Brasil. just skip Rio for a while.

Yea I know and Brasil has it all its like Alice's Restaurant. I spent time in Vegas so  know the drill spent time in Cancun,PVR,ZIH,Veracruz. and Cleveland so I'm qualified to be scared and at 61 scary is fun. I like Belem for it was #23 on the list of deadliest cities at the time. I'm good with Brasil for I sleep with one eye open and both eyes closed when woke (lol). Life is Good for I ain't trying to rush my way out either for this Olde Bull is taking a Graceful walk to the pasture/kkkk
And as they say in Belem, Thanks for the vote! smh

Cleveland!  jeeze!  If you ever want to visit Puerto Rico let me know. Got family there. They'll put you up if i ask.

I want to clear something up here if I can.

A while back a major contributor to this site was killed in his home. While no solid information was given, We all had our suspicions. James was outspoken on many subjects, including but not limited to police corruption.

A  post on this subject (scalding) preceded his assault.

From this I learned not to blindly accept the "official report."  I will continue to wait to get the whole story.

Fans across Olympics cheer Brazil soccer gold :one:lol:https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/eu … story.html

A wonderful game! And a wonderful way to end these Olympics!!!! :lol:

Here's a new  twist and it sounds about right?
Gunnar Bentz reveals details about what he told Brazilian police about night with Ryan Lochte
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/gunnar-ben … 57258.html
Sounds believable. I think I will rest my case/smh/lol

Sittin in my Barcolounger, rockin my Corona, watchin Itay vs Brasil for the gold. Life is good. :cool:

Thanks Al. I cautioned against a rush to judgement and while I still need the last mans statement, I'm confident that the truth is finally coming out. :top:

It's hard to be humble. ;)

BRASIL GETS THE GOLD!!!!!!! :one

Crazier by the story this saga is coming to a end, talvez/ smh
Lochte's lies left Brazil no choice but to combat stereotypes, realities - ABC News
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/lochtes-li … d=41527209
I need to subscribe to the Truth and The Whole Truth Daily Times  :/:huh:
and another thing, I'll be glad for Monday for the start of the Political Fiasco in High Gear for if one thought this scenario is ugly, remember there is all ways something uglier, talvez/ lol
Ryan Lochte Says Gun Being Pointed at His Head 'Didn't Happen' - ABC News
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ryan-lochte-re … d=41543074
Well it looks like the Horses Arse and Mouth have spoken.
For The Olympics Survived and did amicably, Rio survived never no doubt, the Athletes survived and the Country survived so to  all I say good going and Gold is Good!
it was a fun topic and to all participants you all recieve a Gold Medal  :one:up::gloria:heart:

The Olympics survived!  :top:

Now, back to reality...

Despite all this, the Rio Olympics have been a success. What worries me – and many residents – is what happens the day after they finish. In a short while the Olympic Games will be memory, but they will last for us, who live in Rio, as a major object of political dispute and a challenge for the future. Rio de Janeiro is good – incredible – at the spectacular. Our problem is the everyday.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2016/ … gacy-party

Of course the Olympics survived....did anyone ever really doubt it?

Funny Meltdown: this was crazy,
Watch "Mongolian wrestling coaches take clothes off to protest call" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/L-kFg86S6ww
looks like this crew did not survive./lol
just some highlights of things that happened,
Watch "U.S. wrestling's Frank Molinaro gets bitten by opponent" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/8ZEfwcjBquU
enjoy neither clip is over a minute.

Well its Monday and now, it's time to return to Reality. Amazing article covers a lot of what's to come, next stop Paralympics and Carnival for there is a light in the tunnel and to quote James you can bet it's a train.
After the Olympics, 'Brazil has to stand up to its problems' - World - CBC News
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/world/rio-o … -1.3730009

It seems both of these videos have been removed but I did see the strip tease on TV. What a show!!! :lol:

The party's over! Let the hangover begin! I LOVE that movie! ;)

exnyer wrote:

It seems both of these videos have been removed but I did see the strip tease on TV. What a show!!! :lol:

Ex, glad you found some entertainment/lol. Maybe they have them blocked, sometimes I get the message of videos not being able to view in my location?????. I apologize I don't like sending bogus funnies  :dumbom::unsure

It's not you, You Tube has to remove these videos if demanded by the subjects. Still there are other sources.

As to the bite thing, at least he didn't bite off the other guys ear! ;)

I hope he saved his Dinero and he still owes Brazil about 11K. When one starts a lie one has to remember it word for word. Job open at Speedo and Ralph Lauren. I wonder if he will ever live this down just being stoopid will cost you everything maybe Tinder will keep him for that site likes lies. I rest my case he's guilty as a pig in the mud.
Ryan Lochte has no sponsors left
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ryan-loch … 00903.html
wowzer! And he may be suspended from his lively hood.

Still haven't read the accounds from the other swimmers? Locthe's story is not intirely true, however guns were drawn, a shakedown did occur, they did not trash the bathrooms.

I maintain that the big mistake was stateing that POLICE were the crooks. Al, I live here-ihe big mistake is to think of the police here with the same regard we have of our police at home.

I can say that once Locthe claimed police were the crooks the investigation was to prove the opposite.

Public restrooms are NOT the same as you may be used to. While they admit to peeing on the wall, the swimmers all maintain that the bathroom was locked and they never got in. It is a convenient excuse for the extorting of $R150.00 from the (uncharged) men at gunpoint.

Then there is Locthe himself. He is a seasoned Olympic contestant and a multiple medal winner. He is proud and privileged. In short he is a D..K. He knew what was coming after he reported the robbery and left town. He left his buddies behind.

If you need more evidence of the motives of the "insulted"Brasilians you need only follow the money. After getting 35000 reis for a judo "charity" they now are demanding more.

Al. Brasil is DIFFERENT. Look at the politics and social economics of this country and you will get a small feeling fot how different.

Locthe gave Brasil a great gift. His being American and a duchebag is what they will rally behind. This distraction will allow Brasil to, once again, ignore the real problems here.

There is more so much more, Just don't buy into the story, There are two great lies here.

Ex, read you loud and clear for its the same it's called the code of blue as once you say something about LEO's (Law Enforcement Oficers) one has a Liger by the tail (kkkk). Yea I read all I could on the incident and I believe only half of it and one day we all will know the rest of the story, yes I knew Lochte skipped town for he is a seasoned traveler and he knew what was coming down the pike and he beat a hasty retreat by getting out of dodge for I know they all can read and the Brazilian Police are no nonsense kind of guys and I am sure they were all briefed for the Brazilian Police don't give a flying squirrel about who is who, I have a weapon and I can use it and no questions/lol. Yep the "Ugly American Syndrome" is his legacy. I saw a few police in Belem and I would all ways take a wide berth around (lol) for if they ask you just may be in trouble. I understand the fines yet they bought it on themselves and if you do the crime pay the fine/ ouch. Video is everywhere even if it looks like a dump. I find it hilarious that this guy (s) where crazy enough to act like nobody would notice, I mean it's only crappy Rio, well wrong those people in Rio have seen it all and if one sets himself up they will be happy to oblige with jail or your life. So all points taken and accepted as some one told me Obey the Law and one should be fine and lying on the police is a no no that can get one killed or dayum near close to a life costing situation.  Have a good one enjoy the cerveja and lounge on my amigo.

That's a four. Commencing chillaxin.......now! :cool:

Legacy of Rio 2016 Still Very Much Up in the Air

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/esporte/ol … pid=newsEN

Also Payback for upholding free speech and corruption investigations.

Interim President Michel Temer asked his allies in Congress to temporarily suspend voting on bills that would readjust salaries for public servants and wants to bar a salary increase for Ministers of the Federal Supreme Court.

Brasil is back to normal.

Yes.  My friend James is dead and is entombed in Macae.   What a terrible loss.  Even though I knew James for only a short time and had the opportunity to meet him and his son in person twice, I miss him so much!!   James was a good man!!!

Yes.  My friend James is dead and is entombed in Macae.   What a terrible loss.  Even though I knew James for only a short time and had the opportunity to meet him and his son in person twice, I miss him so much!!   James was a good man!!!

I was reading that Lochtegate, was also embellished by the Rio police, my conclusion all are liying.
Report: Rio police exaggerated their version of Ryan Lochte events, too
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/latest-on- … 50255.html
that's it I'm asking for a full investigation and the gas pumps will be subpoenaed as witnesses and the bushes. Amazing

Part 27, entitled the "Leftover"!
Brazil Got Its Golden Moment, but at What Cost? - ABC News
http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ … t-41550176
maybe I should change the title to "Do Over"
article covers a lot of questions and I will look at all the anwsers or will it be lip service.

With Games gone, hard reality sets in for Brazil | Reuters
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-olymp … SKCN10X1YU
and another thing! The hits just keep on coming for the phat lady.👄 has not begun to sing!
Now That The Olympics Are Over, Brazil Has A Lot Of Work To Do
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/carlos-be … ref=brazil
The meal has just begun it won't be done for years. What madne$$.

Looks like this will never be over, what a hefty fine,  I'll call this the "Final Shakedown"/ lol
Jimmy Feigen, last of four Lochte 'robbery' swimmers, releases statement
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jimmy-feig … 37496.html
but wait there's more??????
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou … 1WAzCEnLgw
hilarious, we know who won't be welcome back, I bet every page of that passport has the Big Red Stamp./smh