In retrospect, would you move again to Egypt?

Hi all,

If you had to look back on your expat experience in Egypt, would you heartily say "let's do it again"?

From the preparation stage to your actual everyday life in your new country, what did you enjoy the most?

Would you do certain things differently? Could you tell us why?

How would you describe the benefits of your expatriation in Egypt so far?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience. We look forward to hearing from you!

Christine

well every country has its ups and downs, advantages and disadvantages, good and bad, so for me i can live in any country as long as i get peace with those i interact with and live with

I love Egypt from Aswan to Alex I love the people so much.....I have had so few bad experiences I do not dwell on them...only one really bad one.....Egypt makes me feel happy and I am always healthy here...always some thing awesome to see or to do.......I am so crushed that I have to leave I came in 2007 and have enjoyed all......but now the new visa laws say I have to leave........I am still trying to find a way to stay but does not look good.....I will not know what to do any place else.........Egypt is my home ....I do not want to leave .....but what can I do??????I have seen all of Egypt and have settled in so good in my little town.........so if any one knows how I can stay please feel free to tell me.........thank you

I love living here. The only thing I would do differently is to be more diligent about learning Arabic.

I do not want to leave I love living living in Egypt and yes about the Arabic...........lol

I love the people and how easy it is to go any place even with no car.....the fruits and vegetables are amazing and every where.....I am always so much heather in Egypt........ I never want to leave...I only miss little things like good tasting pineapple.......and peanut butter......have to go long way to get it....see stupid little things that really do not matter...................I love Egypt

Ya habibti Laady24, you said it mouthful, thats the way i also feel you revived it within me, you had quite an amazing time and moments and moments lives forever. What are the lessons you learnt in Egypt about , economy, politics,social welfare, education and women issues, if you dont mind please share
thank you sister

How can I help you??

The people in Egypt are the best they are kind and helpful to all they love their children and are very family orientated work hard and take vacations when they can...........they miss the tourist and when the  tourist are here they learn their language so to help all........ ......................People in Egypt talk a lot about the government........in all the years no one has ever liked the person in charge but it is that way in every country............if Egypt had jobs and a decent salary no one would ever leave Egypt all love Egypt..........in Egypt most of the people who have give to those who do not have.....the very rich are the same all over never help........the world does not understand Egypt .....Egyptians have to feed them selves not the cats and dogs........the education here is very bad but again government run for the most part not all...........health care not good here............hospitals worse..........believe me I know first hand......cable is free net is expensive................................rents and electric and gas and water are average price...........sand storms and very little rain............no earthquakes no tornatoes no hurricains and mostly no snow.............  sun and sun and more sun.......winters are cold and summers are very hot...........most have fans few have air conditioning......but most have roofs to cool off on...........................the transportation is great taxis and metro and trains and micro buses and buses and even uber and horses and donkey carts and yes too too many cars........................... all and all Egypt is great..........come up with the jobs and a good salary and no one would every want to leave Egypt their families or their friends.......I never want to leave Egypt but then I need a visa and no more extended visas for foreigners......LOVE EGYPT

i agree,
the bad or worst thing here is, education, extremely low salaries, no decent jobs, nepotism, bribery is an option to get better services or to be recognised to be served, poor health facilities.
the good about it is, there's safety, people are generous and helpful, less crime,
heat heat heat heat all the summer and dust, traffic and pedestrian congestions  and noise
but i can say its a good country to live in

see we agree on every thing....................and I want to stay never leave Egypt .........................except for that month I go to see my 98 year old mother and my children every year..........but that is nothing.....I love Egypt ............................Egypt is my home ..............................but need a visa to stay....................................    InshAllah I will some how get the visa

I never want to leave I need visa to stay...............................that is all I need

in shaa Allah you will get it, did you consider talking to your employer perhaps for work visa or when you get home obviously you know a lot of egyptians, get one to send you invitation and come back. May Allah protect your mum and children and give them good health, Laady24