Danish Language course for children

Hi!  My family moved to Copenhagen less than a week ago and we want our 8 y/o daughter to have some language class before she starts in Elementary School.

Can anyone recommend a place where they have Danish Language Course for Children?

Recommendations will be very much appreciated.

Hello,
Schools in Gladsaxe Kommune have a program called M-Class, wherein they teach danish to non-danish speaking kids.

If you find some other program tailored for kids, please let me know. My son is 9 years old, and I would be interested in similar program.

Regards,
Jay

Hi Jay

I haven't found a similar scheme in Rødovre, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't the right thing for your son.

Instead, I would contact his class teacher and ask for his advice.

/Nellie

Hi Jay

The M stands for modtageklasse (reception class), so after having googled that I found that Valhøj Skole in Rødovre has M-classes.

Valhøj Skole
Rødager Alle 102, 2610 Rødovre

:-)

Thanks Nellie!

I will visit the Valhøj school in Rødovre.

My son is not in Copenhagen yet, but it is an important consideration for me to find a suitable school for him.

Regards,
Jay

Hi Jay,

We have contacted the public school in our district and they told us to come and fill up a form for a receiving class (M-class). This class is not offered in all public schools but they are suppose to enroll her in our behalf. We will hopefully hear more about it in a week.