Best cities to live in Brazil

Ron Lived just outside of Kingwood. All now in the Woodlands. 40 mile drive every morning to downtown office. Exxon moved their office to The Woodlands and it is one big campus. From Woodland to IAH almost. Should have gone to the Hill Country or Ft. Stockton to see mountains and bluebonnets.

Robal road is still the same. I too had a flat and tore up a rim. I quit driving, too many trucks and takes 9 hours. I could drive to San Antonio in 3 hours. Still have friend there. Would go to play golf and enjoy driving to Saltlick for BBQ (real bbq). Riverwalk still the same but Landry's has all dining almost.
I worked all Texas from McAllen. E. TX to Midland.

I never lived in San Antonio, but drove through a few times.  Every time we pass by my wife made me take her to River Walk.  Very pleasant time there.

Yeah Texan,
When I was looking for a place to buy, just before moving to Houston from California, I looked into the Woodlands, but found it too far from everything and too far from the airport.  Then I found Kingwood and, even if the homes kind of look alike (all exposed bricks), I thought it was good, my wife agreed and there we went. 
Woodlands was very nice also.

Ron, you would not believe The Woodlands or even Humble today. Woodland has really grown and since new toll roads and expansion's  they blend together.
The waterway in The Woodlands has grown and trying to be a small San Antonio Riverwalk.

Must go see it.

Personally I prefer living in the South above living in the North. Floripa and all the other smaller towns on Santa Catarina are amazing. From my experience its alot cleaner as safer than up north. Canasvieiras is a lovely place to live in.

I also lived in Paraty RJ and although the fauna and flora was much better (than in Floripa) and the small towns like Trindade easily captivates you, we felt a bit limited with shops closing early and dirty beaches and water.

We looking at moving to Brazil permanently now and would love to check out Gramada too.

Come and check out the beauty of he falls  and jungles and National Forests.  Easy access to AR and PY(little dicey). Most work is tourism Cheap and nice people. No beaches, but many rivers and water falls and lakes. Roads not best the except to Cascavel. Little rough to Curitiba 
Flora, native animals and tropical birds. Se what you think.

If you are in your "golden years" you are best served with the Southern tip of the Country, at least Parana and Santa Catarina States feature good places to go where quality of life, solid health care, and a lower crime rate.   

Sure, with the lack of heating systems your winters will feel a bit colder than you might otherwise tolerate, but again,  lowering your living costs, dealing with a decent work ethic folk, might be the ticket. 

Older people need to be close to decent health care, so Rio, the Exotic Northeast , not the best places to settled, at least IMHO. 

Rio Grande do Sul I heard its on a Fiscal Mess, still it is considered South.   

A few years back there was a huge flood  in Santa Catarina, along some Valley and River  on Blumenau, by 1983.  Over 200.000 people lost their homes.  They took help from outside yet they managed, in probably a year, to rebuild the devastated areas.   

These smaller towns have tight knitt communities that support the essential services such as schools, health care, care for their elders.    They might not sport the consumerism you will find in Europe, US or these days in Asia, yet, these are good places to settle.