Health Insurance

Hello,
  I would like to ask the American that are living in DR if they continue to pay for health insurance back in the states even though they have coverage in DR.

What are your thoughts/experiences with major medical procedures being preformed  in DR.

Thanks

very good question...i would be interested in the answer as well!

Can't help you I am not American.

Yes we do.  WE have local DR insurance that covers us only here in the DR.  WE then have an international policy that covers us anywhere in the world (including evacuation insurance).  However for this particular product you cannot be back in the US for more than 30 days a year (it may be 60 days not sure but in any event we are back less than that).

Your typical US insurance may cover you here and will cover you in the US but not for any extended time elsewhere.

Oh and I also have Medicare but do not use it as using it will cancel my international policy and Medicare DOES NOT cover you here.

Bob K

Thanks Bob, I've seen a few of these International Insurance companies online would you mind sharing which one you went with and if there were any issues to watch out for. We will be using Sosua as a base but traveling around to other islands.

ns143

We use Clements international.  I at home so do not have their contact info but you can google them

Bob K