Why does no-one want to come and live in Costa de Valencia?

I hear lots of properties being sold or people looking for properties in the mucia/and north Costa Blanca areas (Javea, Calpe etc.)

Can someone tell me whether Valencia is not thought of as a place to live? why don't people look for properties here?   I am baffled.

We have had our property on the market for a long time and agents are just not interested in sending anyone over to see it.  Does £80,000 sound too expensive for a ground floor area of 100 M2 (i.e. the converted ground floor of a Valencian town house, (2 double beds/3 reception areas, on 1 floor, in historic area, and outside private terrace. 5 km from the beaches and very low running costs.

Is it the agents (English charge 5% Spanish 3% or is it that our area is not popular/cjeap?

Just wondered........................ Your opinions would be valued

Have you tried these websites?

http://www.idealista.com/
Fotocasa

It is good way to get an idea of prices and to get sales leads.

The Spanish market is still flooded since the boom. You can get new-ish construction, pool, parking, etc...for very low prices...rent is cheap as well so there is less incentive to buy.

Good luck

Are you saying that Valencia is very expensive?

No...it is cheap...some developments have hundrrds of vacation flats for sale and furnished flats for as little as 200 a month.

Sorry you didn't didn't really answer my question - you don't know is the answer. I am aware that there are lots of new properties but I don't know of lots of new properties in Valencia that are empty.   I'm talking about Cullera, down the coast to Gandia - the Costa de Valencia...  Think you should forget my answer because if you live in Madrid you have no idea anyway.  I am aware that there are lots of individual properties that are empty but we don't have a stacks of new builds like the Murica area that are empty.

It depends on what you want too, some people don't want to live on a complex with a pool with shouting tourists, they want to live with Spaniards and live the dream.

I don't think you have really answered my message. http://www.gandiapropertyforsale.webs.com

Sorry...but I was just trying to help.

I lived a year on the coast of Castellón...just North of Valencia. So I do have some experience.

My point is that there are so many cheap options to compete with.

We have just bought a great property nr lliria in Valencia province from a British realtor who has lived in the area and been in property for over 20 years. From our own experience and from talking to her Valencia and surrounding areas are definitely getting more popular.  I am sure she would be able to sell your property as she is bi lingual and has contacts in Spain and the UK and is very reasonable. If you think she could help you can email me back or contact her direct on [email protected] and her name is Mandy Commins. Good Luck😃

kjonesant wrote:

We have just bought a great property nr lliria in Valencia province from a British realtor who has lived in the area and been in property for over 20 years. From our own experience and from talking to her Valencia and surrounding areas are definitely getting more popular.  I am sure she would be able to sell your property as she is bi lingual and has contacts in Spain and the UK and is very reasonable. If you think she could help you can email me back or contact her direct on [email protected] and her name is Mandy Commins. Good Luck😃

Hi and welcome,

Could you please recommend your contact in the BUSINESS DIRECTORY please, this will help more expats find the information easily.  Thanks

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Yes tried all sorts of web sites - in fact have probably a 100 websites and gave up in the end and just keep updating the most important ones that tell me to update.

I've done the website so can't figure out what else to do..... but it will go hopefully in the near future. Nothing will stop us still exploring whilst we are selling....

Did see this some time or other and thought that I don't have a business as such. But if its OK i will do. Thanks a lot.

Just send Mandy the details of your property and contact email and telephone number or what's up detail and I am sure she will help she is very reasonable price wise and knows what she is doing and trust worthy which these days is rare.
Good luck
Karen

Done !

You are competing with extremely cheap houses put on the market with loss even before negotiation. Best deals for buyers were done a few years ago and market is recovering a bit now, but a lot of potential sellers are still renting in order to get some money out of their properties rather than waiting years to sell them in a bad deal. Still a lot of houses in the market so plenty of choice and power for the buyers.

Rather than looking at other places, I would compare your asking price with similar properties in the same area, and check for how long have they been in the market. It might open your eyes to the actual problem. If it is not a popular place for buyers you have to think out of the box.

I have spent a lot of holidays in Cullera, as my parents have a place there. Cullera is well known for Spanish tourism, particularly from Madrid. As a kid I remember that almost everybody spending the summer there was from Madrid. Last time I was there I could see more British, German, Scandinavian and Italian tourists than I remembered as it is being advertised to families with small children, the early 20s singles and relaxed older people, but more as a holiday destination than a living one. And not really for people expecting to be understood by everybody in English but for real tourists willing to learn a bit of the lingo. Or for potential buyers checking whether the place is suitable for them and whether they are suitable for the place, it works both ways.

It really is alive in June-August and very quiet the rest of the year. The actual village is more established for all year round living, but the beach is quite empty and there are many other villages with good deals available, that is your real problem.

Rather than bad selling or having to stay if you want to leave, you might consider the holiday rental option, especially if in the beach side. It seems to be recovering nicely. Have you tried to advertise it for national tourists, as it is the typical beach destination from people running from Madrid in August. Although the train station is quite far from the village there is a reliable cheap bus service and by train Cullera is well connected to Valencia city and other destinations, for the odd day out.

Most British expats, especially if retired, do prefer to live in groups so they do not have to speak other language than their own, so I don't think that they would consider Cullera as a strong candidate for their needs. If only they were so keen on integrating themselves to their new countries as they are keen on demanding foreigners to integrate in the UK...  :cool:

My husband and I are looking to move to Valencia but wouldn't dare buy anything expensive as the Euro has had such a bad rep recently and the crash. I am no expert on property but just going on gut feeling/ what I hear.

The Euro isn't the problem, it's the Pound that is with it being at its worst rate ever.

Yeah- sorry. That's what I meant. Euro is a bad move from pound!

Great for me when I want to change the Euro into the Pound when I visit the UK ;)

I don't know if our experience will help but it might explain some peoples way of thinking. 

We started our Spanish search in Valencia and the environs.  We liked the city itself but for us city life would have been too enclosed and too noisy, and we wanted space, both with large rooms and with some outdoor area.  We looked at houses outside the main city, and in nearby towns, but found most areas too concrete, dusty and soulless. The really nice areas/urbs were very expensive but we did view a few houses.  Most of the time it was signs of damp that put us off the houses themselves.  Bear in mind this was before we headed south and experienced exactly the same in Costa Blanca! We live and learn.  One of the major things that put us off the Valencia coast area was the high rise buildings all along the beaches.  Here they are lower.  If you have private knowledge of quieter, less built up beaches in your area that you can point to, that would be a good selling point.

Also we thought we'd get a little more warmth and sun down here.

Maybe people do what we did, start north and work south, only to find the same issues too late. 

Sorry, I know this doesn't actually get you any further but its just the reasons why we ourselves didn't choose the area.

For inner city living maybe the target group would be professionals avoiding commuting?   Anyway, good luck!

Barnie wrote:

We have had our property on the market for a long time and agents are just not interested in sending anyone over to see it.  Does £80,000 sound too expensive for a ground floor area of 100 M2 (i.e. the converted ground floor of a Valencian town house, (2 double beds/3 reception areas, on 1 floor, in historic area, and outside private terrace. 5 km from the beaches and very low running costs.

To be blunt, if you are not getting any interest in a property that you're trying to sell, you're probably overpriced.

I know this is an old post but this is strictly common sense.

Hello I will be in Valencia area-Alicante from July 9 to August 30th, I am house hunting for rental or to purchase, I am very interested to look at your property if its in Valencia close to downtown. Please send us photos and email me all Details and pricing.

Thank you

Genevieve

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details for your own security

@gbenton4real.

For security reasons it is unsafe to post any contact details on the open forum. Please use the message system for this.

Hi,

We started south (Torrevieja) and slowly drifted north, seeing us eventually buying somewhere 25 mins north of Valencia Capital. The lure and buzz of the big city was the draw, and things got cheaper and nicer as we went. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : free advertising is not allowed, please register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Why not?

Is it nice place to learn the language.

Esam Luqman wrote:

Why not?

Is it nice place to learn the language.

You are responding to an old post, so unlikely to get a response.

SimCityAT
Expat Team

@Chui2 Can I ask you in what area do you live now?
And how it is?

Thank you!