Where are the 38 DD/E bras hiding ? this is a shopping question.

Can anyone help I am trying to find my bra size 38 dd or E but i went round city stars today and the biggest cup size I could find was D cup. I was dissapointed with la senza they go up to GG back home but here D cup was the biggest. Ive heard a rumour that their is a marks and spencers somewhere is this true? The only one I know of is Festival City but its not been built yet.

Hey

Marks & Spencer will open in the Dandy Mega Mall in Cairo later this year, so it didn't open yet. I recommend to go to carrefour at the new high way.

I'd recommend you get some sent over from home. It's nigh on impossible to find decent bras here without paying an arm and a leg for them.

Ahmad Khallaf wrote:

Nice size anyway ;)

I CAN GO BRA HAUNTING WITH YOU SOMETIME IF YOU WOULD LIKE...

Well I think we all saw this comment coming :P  Yea bra's of decent quality and reasonable price are impossible to find in Egypt. best bet is to have it sent over, or ask a friend who is traveling to Egypt soon to bring it for you(always a lifesaver when friends visit) I would have been happy to bring some for you when I arrived from the states last week. good luck dear :)

Triumpf has this sizes of bras,i know for sure. my sister got the same problem in Egypt before. Try also Chantelle.

Thanks LADIES!!
I wil give triumph and carrefour a try. I cant believe the prices here 338le for a decent bra thats a 30 % mark up on uk prices.
plus taxi fair to city stars that would make it around 55 uk  pounds for one bra. It'l probarly be cheaper just to hop on a plane with flydubai from Alex and go shopping in Dubai.
So many shops in City Stars but they dont actually sell anything usefull.
I am realy curious to know where the Egyptian ladies shop. I see so many Egyptian ladies wearing realy nice clothes just cant find the shops which sell them.

my wife has stuff coming via the friend express some from Italy in the next week.we will be sending some local items back to Italy for a dear friend that must have a regular fresh supply of dry herbs and spices along with some OTC meds.

Some things are very hard to find locally.

huge gray market here for any type of decent quality fashion items.

I hope you brought extra comfortable shoes and some for just knocking around in.

Wild wrote:

Triumpf has this sizes of bras,i know for sure. my sister got the same problem in Egypt before. Try also Chantelle.

Where can I find them?

Hi Geely
You can find all this shops in City Stars Mall, and there is annother shop called La Boutique (in the same Mall) with big sizes and nice shapes.

Ive already checked out Triumph in City Stars,The had a few pretty ones but only going upto C cup and anything in DD plus size looked like something my grandmother would not evan wear.Ive seen another Triumph in helioplis I might try that one.
Where about in City stars is this shop La boutique?

@missdarcey:

Why you don`t go to down town? there are many shops for lingerie.
As a native, I know that many Egyptian womans buy their clothes from Eltahrir & Talat Harb region.

You can take a walk and search for it,I hope this is useful.

i will be in  France after 2 weeks if u need anything from there
also i have some new clothes  if u r interested

Also a big problem for buying a bra in Egypt: mostly the workers in these shops are men! It really blocks me from going in such shops. Egypt is much more conservative than Europe, but in Europe only women work in such shops!

but what i think in europe u r not allowed to try lingerie

You could find good bra in Maadi Grand Mall.
Take a metro train, and get off at El Maadi station. Get into a taxi, a white cab could be around 4 LE to Grand Mall.
Enter the mall from the entrance near CIB Bank banner, walk on the right side at the same level, 1 minute! It is the 3rd shop.
The brand of bra is " Ellen.K.D.K" and it costs 50 LE only. You will feel comfortable with it, the material is good and I hope you ll like it! In the shop, there are women that sell products, not men, and you could try it.
Next time when you leave your country try to put in your luggage especially lingerie, because here, Egyptian women have another shape and another size, and you can t feel comfortable with their products.
I really understand your situation, cause I have problems here, with finding the suitable pants!

missdarcey wrote:

Ive already checked out Triumph in City Stars,The had a few pretty ones but only going upto C cup and anything in DD plus size looked like something my grandmother would not evan wear.Ive seen another Triumph in helioplis I might try that one.
Where about in City stars is this shop La boutique?

Hi dear,
it is "Bodique" & it's located in level 1 shop # 1040. I believe u can reach it using the map inside the mall or you can always use their website  : citystars.com.eg/citystars/malldir/storelocator.asp?catid=11&srchflag=true

regarding shopping for clothes, so many shops & brands opened in city stars that we never thought one day they will exist in Egypt.. on the other hand i can see that Mohandessin, Zamalek & Maadi now as well have a variety of shops which allows you to buy beautiful imported/local clothes

It could be Bodique, i got the name from my sister while she was rushing to the airport, so i could make a mistake. About the models, dont think you will find the latest fashion here, even to brand names, except on parfums, bags and few other items. This is not necessary the taste of egyptians, is the desire of importers for quick money. The ladies you see wearing good stuff they buy mostly from abroad.

Hello Crash Boom Bang,

May I suggest you to write your messages in another colour? Pink is quite difficult to read!

Thanks and have a nice day further
Arlette

Not any news?
Have you found your suitable bra?

FeeAcer wrote:

Hello Crash Boom Bang,

May I suggest you to write your messages in another colour? Pink is quite difficult to read!

Arlette

Ok Mod .. although i like pink so much :sosad:

And btw, Bodique is on the new phase in city stars i just saw it yesterday .. if you r coming from the food court in level one heading to the new phase .. it will be on your right hand just next to the escalator at the end of the corridor .. and it doesn't seem to have big sizes anyway!! but give it a try..

Did you try H&M ??

If you like " so much" PINK, better to let this color for another things that are in your sight, and kindly to understand that most people will ignore to read what you write, because the pink writing get the eyes tired!
Keeping in doing this, shows less respect for your colleagues here!

Crash Boom Bang wrote:
FeeAcer wrote:

Hello Crash Boom Bang,

Arlette

Ok Mod .. although i like pink so much :sosad:

And btw, Bodique is on the new phase in city stars i just saw it yesterday .. if you r coming from the food court in level one heading to the new phase .. it will be on your right hand just next to the escalator at the end of the corridor .. and it doesn't seem to have big sizes anyway!! but give it a try..

Did you try H&M ??

valibilic wrote:

Not any news?

No not yet, but I will check out Maadi mall this week.
It's the choice that I miss, looking at the pretty colours and fabrics and the nice designs. Back home whenever I needed to cheer myself up I used to go lingeree shopping. Guess I will have to find an alternative pick me up.

smart card wrote:

(moderated: offensive comments)

:/ Smart card, I suggest that you find annother forum more apropriate to your rude comments!

missdarcey wrote:
valibilic wrote:

Not any news?

No not yet, but I will check out Maadi mall this week.
It's the choice that I miss, looking at the pretty colours and fabrics and the nice designs. Back home whenever I needed to cheer myself up I used to go lingeree shopping. Guess I will have to find an alternative pick me up.

Hey Missdarcey,

I am in Bahrain but moving to Cairo in dec.... We do have M&S here and lots of other places for lingerie and trust me, finding a size is no problem here. I am glad you asked this question on the forum, now I'll plan for lingerie shopping before I land in Cairo as I too have a similar size.

Anyway, do let me know if you want me to pick up a few pieces for you. Just email me on [email protected] with the details and I would be happy to do it for you.

Cheers!
Kt.

Hello
impossible to find this size in Egypt really.
my ex-wife was in the same size and was buying in from sweden.
but you can try mega mall or city stars i think there are a shops there for DD and E cup size.

ciao bella

Did you check out the new Marks and Spencer in Dandy mall? They have big sizes and I think also a reasonable choice!

Hello Darcey...
Try Grand Mall Maadi...Not the best you can find...But you will find it there ;)

hello there,
did you try in New Look? They go up to F and G cup in UK
Where is good old M&S when you need a good bra :))))

MariaB66 wrote:

hello there,
did you try in New Look? They go up to F and G cup in UK
Where is good old M&S when you need a good bra :))))

oooh New Look is one of my favorait shops here its called New look London its great for affordable fashion peices and the prices are the same as in Uk. Their bras here only go up yo 36 D.
I popped over to London to visit my family and stocked up in Primark "Primani".
And we do have a Marks and Sparks now in the Dandy Mega mall but I have not been there yet cos its on the other side of Cairo  apparantly its realy crowded. I hope they sell tights and funky 50p kitchen glasses like they do in Uk.

hahhahah you  are my kind of girl!!
I am in UK at the moment and coming back to Cairo mid January...if I can help you...let me know..
by the way I LOVE PRIMANI!!:))))
The New Look in City start if you aproach the manager they will order for you or better still go on the website and make a fuss :)))
A girl must have her bras...
;)))

MariaB66 wrote:

hahhahah you  are my kind of girl!!
I am in UK at the moment...
;)))

:unsure ... in your profile you have written that " currently I am living in Italy"!
Where is the mistake, and which is the true?

I am italian but have lived in UK for 25 yrs.
I will try to fix it ....

Marks & Spencer is now open in Dandy Mall...
Hope this will help

I may join you in your shopping trips If you like
take care, ahmed

are you crazy??

discussion closed

Closed