Social care jobs in Greece

I'm coming to Greece in June 2016 k would love to help the youth of Greece I am social care worker and youth worker,can anyone help me with any links

I dont believe you would find paid work here,voluntary possibly.To work or volunteer with children and adolescents you would need to show "police check certificate from the UK"If you look on line you will see the different organisations in Greece who may be looking for volunteers.

Brilliant thank you so much

Hi pani boy and concertina,

I am a social support worker from Sydney myself and finding it very hard to find jobs here. There seems to be a great need for people but for some reason they dont come through on the end. Maybe ww can keep each other posted if we come across anything, ie. Aged care for me or social youth worker for you?

All the best,
Van

Brilliant sounds good to me

I might be able to help a little with 'why not' I tried to volunteer at our local child care, I would be able to provide police checks etc. However they said they do not accept volunteers due to government checks....legalities behind workers not being on the payroll (therefore illegal, tax evasion, a big thing at the moment) hard to prove either way. Then issues over health checks and other.....

PAID work, unlikely talking to someone who's daughter is completing advanced studies with childcare in Athens and Greek (they believe she will not find work), they have been looking and it is an incredibly hard industry to break into.

It seems for most professions the Greeks are likely to employ local skilled people firstly, maybe you might have a chance if you could bring something new to the table (better skills, qualifications, multi lingual) slim chance, slimmer pickings. Imagine this would be across the board. Speaking to those in the skilled sector they all repeat the same stories of their jobs, getting harder, more demands, increased pay cuts, longer work hours, more dead lines, increased work loads, they find it hard to have a small holiday. The very skilled get picked off to fill vacancies abroad.... some are saying Greece is being dumbed down while their brains evacuate the country.

Thanks for your guidance x

PaniBoy,there is a Greek priest who runs a drop-in center in a pretty poor run-down suburb of Athens,its for kids to go after school and weekends so as to get them off the streets where they would obviously be vulnerable,but if you need to earn at least some basic money to live then its difficult.However as you say you have the Greek language then its an idea to approach this priest and or the churches here in Greece and explain your desires because sometimes you can stay in a church house with your meals given and then follow on with the voluntary work through them.I believe there is a live-in reception center in Athens for adolescent migrants who would be vulnerable if left hanging about on the streets,the Greek church often has a hand in this and as you have English and Greek you would be ideal,you need to source information on this,your housing and food needs can often be met by either the organisation or the church.Dont give up,keep digging until you find something,other religious groups also take a caring- social- help role in society especially in these difficult times.Go on line and see all the help groups,church organisations etc..I hope you find something.

Thank you so much this sounds ideal have you got an address or a number as you haven't stated where the church is or what area in Athens once again thank you

In reply I give you this site on line,go to" Selected charities and NGOs in Greece"here you will see the heading"EuroCharity" scroll down through lots of charitable organisations in Greece,I see that the SOS childrens village has been opening new centres all over Greece.Hatzikonsta is the oldest childrens welfare organisation in Greece.The priest in the day centre is at the KINOTOS heading and gives a phone number for contact.There are drug rehab centres in Athens,you will see them as well.

I love you looooll thank you thank you x