Advice on cost of living in Gozo

Good morning.
May i ask advice on the average monthly cost of living in Gozo .
IE a rough idea on a comfortable amount needed to cover Rent and utilities leaving disposable income .
If my rent was around 500 euros how much else would i need for bills ?
Thank you Steve

Royalmarine42 wrote:

Good morning.
May i ask advice on the average monthly cost of living in Gozo .
IE a rough idea on a comfortable amount needed to cover Rent and utilities leaving disposable income .
If my rent was around 500 euros how much else would i need for bills ?
Thank you Steve

500 euros will get you a very nice appartment or a reasonable house ( without a pool) in Gozo and that is about the only difference to Malta as regards cost of living. (We used to have a very nice 4 bed house with pool for 650 here)
You will find dozens of posts (if not hundreds) on the cost of living topic in the Forum Categories list at the top of the page on the right hand side.

Utility costs are not excessive with no council tax and reasonable prices on water, electricity and bottled gas for cooking and winter heating, (as long as you are on the right Tarriff) these cost us, 2 people in 3 bed Farmhouse, around 1000 euros a year compared with £2000 a year in the UK.

We also don't have a car as the busses on Gozo are good and cheap, we just rent a car about every 3 or 4 weeks for a few days to do a big shop and maybe a trip to Malta, this  costs abot 10 euros a day out of season.
Hope this helps.

Ray

500 rent, 50-100 utilities (depends)... about 500 on food for two people (also depends), somewhere around 15 euros each going out for a meal in Gozo (Malta has more/better/cheaper options).

Thank you