Belgians in the mornington peninsula?

Hi,
My name is Barbara, married and mother of 2 kids aged 3 and 4,5.
We migrated to Mornington 3 weeks ago.  I would love to know if there are any other Belgians or Dutch on the mornington peninsula.
If so, give me a buzz and we can meet up for coffee or drinks.

Hello Barbara, I hope you are settling in OK? My name is Kate< I am 41 and have 2 cildren aged 3 and 5. We are moving from the UK to Melboune in Jan 2011. We are possbly hoping to live in the Mornington area (depends how therental mrket is !!) I am intersted in  how you are finding it ? We don't kno anybody there yet.

Hi Kate

I have recently been offered a job in Melbourne and I am trying to decide weather to except, for example what the cost of living is and also what are the good areas etc

Is there any advice you could give me as it seems that you would have done all your research.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Kate,

Sorry for the late reply.  Mornington is a very good area to live in with kids.  If you do come to Victoria, the mornington Peninsula is definitely a very good choice.  The only downside that I find in Victoria is the fact that there is no preschool or kindergarten system for 3 year olds.  My 5 year old can go to school from Feb 2011, but the 3 year old will be at home for at least 1 or 2 more years.  If you were planning to stay at home with the kids, there is no problem, but if not... think again about Victoria.
Anyways, other than this, I would certainly recommend this area.  Give me a sign when you arrive!