A nice and safe place in Vietnam in fronte of the sea.

Hi friends.
My name is Marco, I m Italian 57 yo. My wife is Chinese 37. Since 10 years we are living in Guangzhou/China.
Next year our plan is  to stop  my job  and  transfer our life in Vietnam. No work , relax only for few years . We are looking to find a safe and  nice place in front of the  Vietnam sea. No luxury or tourist places , something very local  but a nice clean beach in the Vietnam sea. Somebody can please  suggest us some nice safe  beach village in Vietnam ?
Our monthly budgest is 1.000 US$. Considering the cost of the life in Vietnam, do you think is enough ? which is a cost of a made in a village ?
Hoping to receive your very helpful comments
a big ciao
Marco/Noko

Don't expect too much from the part of immigration guys  :)
You are Italian and wife Chinese. So don't think living continuously 'few years' because you cannot stay with your visa more than 9 months, in my knowledge. After some extensions you should move the country and come back with a new visa. So don't buy so many home appliances. Just rent some.
Sorry, I cannot answer your actual question - safe and nice place in front of the Vietnam sea!
I think some other member who lives in Nha Trang or Vung Tau will help you with that  :)  Also not sure, is there any clean beach here.
Anyway welcome to dream land!

markonoko wrote:

Hi friends.
My name is Marco, I m Italian 57 yo. My wife is Chinese 37. Since 10 years we are living in Guangzhou/China.
Next year our plan is  to stop  my job  and  transfer our life in Vietnam. No work , relax only for few years . We are looking to find a safe and  nice place in front of the  Vietnam sea. No luxury or tourist places , something very local  but a nice clean beach in the Vietnam sea. Somebody can please  suggest us some nice safe  beach village in Vietnam ?
Our monthly budgest is 1.000 US$. Considering the cost of the life in Vietnam, do you think is enough ? which is a cost of a made in a village ?
Hoping to receive your very helpful comments
a big ciao
Marco/Noko

Hello,

Safe & nice sea is Nha Trang or Da Nang or Phu Quoc island

Hanah_Pham wrote:

Hello,

Safe & nice sea is Nha Trang or Da Nang or Phu Quoc island

" No luxury or tourist places ".
Anywhere with a ' clean " beach will be a tourist place, ( that's the only reason the beach would be cleaner than your average polluted VN beach ).

Phu Quoc has a highest price already. i think you should buy in Nha Trang or Da Nang from a project, then let them build the house. After living here, you can sell it back to Vietnamese or use it for rent. For the real estate over there, you can search some big group of real estate like Vingroup. Thanks

Do you have any long term visa recommendation for him?  :)

Tracy Sacomreal wrote:

Phu Quoc has a highest price already. i think you should buy in Nha Trang or Da Nang from a project, then let them build the house. After living here, you can sell it back to Vietnamese or use it for rent. For the real estate over there, you can search some big group of real estate like Vingroup. Thanks

The visa always is a complicated problem in Vietnam, for everyone. The only way to has residential card is working in Vietnam. So, he just has only way is taking multiple visa. Or work with a visa service company.

Maybe he can ask the real estate company that if he own a property in VN, does he has any way to get the residential card.

Just my opinion,

Tracy Sacomreal wrote:

The visa always is a complicated problem in Vietnam, for everyone. The only way to has residential card is working in Vietnam. So, he just has only way is taking multiple visa. Or work with a visa service company.

Maybe he can ask the real estate company that if he own a property in VN, does he has any way to get the residential card.

Just my opinion,

Read the new " Visa and Work Permit " thread, the only way he can get a TRC is for him to own a business/partner/shares in a business in VN, ( then he still needs a Work Permit Exemption ).

Hello Marco
Da Nang is very  a nice & safe place to live.
Let consider it for your list.
It is really funny  if someone talked so rude in public here.

Claireengtalk1 wrote:

Hello Marco

From what I've seen of Da Nang, it seems fairly clean, reasonably modern, has an international airport, ( so many tourists from EVERYWHERE ), and probably as safe as you're going to get in VN, but not inexpensive anymore.

Hi everybody,

Just to inform you that some off topic posts have been removed.

Thanks,

Priscilla :)

bluenz wrote:
Claireengtalk1 wrote:

Hello Marco

From what I've seen of Da Nang, it seems fairly clean, reasonably modern, has an international airport, ( so many tourists from EVERYWHERE ), and probably as safe as you're going to get in VN, but not inexpensive anymore.

I might have to rethink my opinion of Da Nang.

Holiday hassles: Tourists concerned about hotel theft, rip-offs in Da Nang

DA NANG - Monday, July 27, 2015 16:09

Restaurants in Da Nang, which have received many rip-offs complaints from tourists recently. Photo: An DyRestaurants in Da Nang, which have received many rip-offs complaints from tourists recently. Photo: An Dy
RELATED NEWS
But I didn't order this: Summer brings scores of new rip-off complaints across Vietnam
Thua Thien - Hue police question 2 tour guides for cheating foreign tourists
Da Nang's hotels, cruise lines face fines for ripping off tourists during holiday
Vietnamese restaurant shut down, possibly for good, for ripping off Japanese tourist

Nguyen Duc Duong and his family came back from a swim last Thursday night and the hotel receptionist said someone had already taken their room key.
He rushed to the room only to find that it had been turned upside down, with his iPad, cell phone and VND26 million (US$1,200) gone.
Police in Da Nang are still investigating the case.
Duong's family said what made them really angry and disappointed was the fact that the hotel denied any responsibility.
“The hotel pointed the finger right at us even though they should be blamed for poor security in the first place,” a family member said.
“We are very disappointed. We hope it's just one single case.”
Unfortunately it's not.
The tourist city, long known for its friendliness and safety, is facing the risk of losing the trust from tourists after several cases of hotel theft.
Nguyen Thi Bich Thuy, a tourist from Hanoi, fell victim to a similar scheme while staying at a different hotel in June.
Thuy left her key at the receptionist to go to the beach.
Surveillance footage showed that soon after that, a well-dressed man came asking for her key, claiming that Thuy asked him to fetch something in the room for her. He was let in.
Two months ago, a similar case happened at another hotel. The guests said they lost VND100 million (US$4,600) left inside their hotel room.
Tran Duy Thai, a tourist from Hanoi, said the city should suspend hotels that cannot provide security for their guests.
“When we stay at a hotel, we need to be able to feel completely safe,” Thai said.
Overcharging
Meanwhile, restaurants in Da Nang have also received a lot of rip-off complaints from tourists this summer, including one about a restaurant that forced a VND4 million bill on a tourist, more than twice what he was supposed to pay.
The restaurant said it was a calculation mistake.
But at other restaurants, the owners did not back down that easy.
They allegedly cooperate with gangsters and protection racketeers to fight with other restaurants for customers, who once sit down would have to pay any prices, tourists said.
Tourists said they expect strong measures against the restaurants, but the city has only published a list of them for tourists to avoid.
"The authorities should be tough on this. Otherwise, Da Nang's good image will be damaged," said Phan Huy, an industry insider.

Hello Marco,
I am also planning to go to Vietnam on about $1000 per month. Will you please let me know if you find affordable accomodations ? Thanksc
JO

Marco and Just Jo.
   I would suggest, Con Dao island. It has many clean beaches as it is a island. Not many expat tourists as most beach and clear sea people, will go to Phu Quoc. It is a little more expensive food wise as everything is brought in by boat. Fish is enough available. 1000 us is enough. You get a really good live for that and watch the turtles lay eggs. Only problem is your visa. It's not nice to leave the island every 3 months just for that. You need the longest visa available.
Vungtau really has not the clearest/cleanest beaches, but this goes for all other big tourist places. Vungtau really is a nice place and well maintained by the city counsel. Keep in mind, 350/400 us for good housing here in Vungtau. Seafood fresh everyday and in the weekends a lot of people from HCM. Call it packed. Mondays till Friday perfect for me, weekends it gets like I said, packed.
Regards and hope you find something nice.
Ron.