Vacation in early november

My girlfriend (Ecuadorian) and I (Canadian) want to meet in Panama for one week to see the country a bit. We would like to stay at a nice place (no hotels all included) near a beach and not 4 hours drive from Panama city. Any expat have a recommendation? Thanks...

Try Coronado!  It is a beach town just about an hour from Panama City.  It has everything you need in town, and the beach is a $3 cab ride to the beach.   My husband and I are Canucks too and will be in Coronado for the month of November. Look forward to meeting new friends.

Majito wrote:

My girlfriend (Ecuadorian) and I (Canadian) want to meet in Panama for one week to see the country a bit. We would like to stay at a nice place (no hotels all included) near a beach and not 4 hours drive from Panama city. Any expat have a recommendation? Thanks...

You might find Coronado too far, too spread out and too lacking in local flavor.  Consider Isla Taboga, a ferry ride from Panama City.  Inns can be spotty and are definitely limited, but no comparison on the culture experience. 

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g298 … tions.html

Thanks Sawman you are right on the spot. I asked for dates available at Tres Terrazas for early November. Just the kind of place we need. No big hotels, beach, place to cook and local flavour.

Majito wrote:

Thanks Sawman you are right on the spot. I asked for dates available at Tres Terrazas for early November. Just the kind of place we need. No big hotels, beach, place to cook and local flavour.

Super!  You have to report on your experience though!

lol for sure I will...

I'm retired military and my girlfriend and I want to move to Panama. We live in Portland, (Gresham) Oregon. I know nothing as far as where to look for a rental and eventually buy a home. Need to know what city is a good starting point for us. Obviously, like everyone else, we want to be close to the coast but also close to the city ?? asking a little to much maybe. Also, My home is a newer beautiful house in a great neighbor hood. I'm petrified to just 'Rent' my home out. I was thinking of maybe a 6 month or year 'swap' if there is anyone already living in a home in Panama and would like to live in the Pacific northwest and enjoy the area here for a while ?? Crazy to ask but you never know.....hit me back if there is anyone interested.. ***.. Michael Johnson.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.

Hello everyone

@1991Recon!,

I invite you to drop an advert in the Home Swapping in Panama section of the website so that to benefit from more visibility.

Best of luck,
Bhavna