Accomodation

For working in Internet City, what would be the best value for money area to live in for a family of 3.

What should be the price of a normal(not overly upscale ) decent 1 BR apartment in residential area near Dubai internet city?
(did try classified, not much help. Websites like bhomes and gnads4u ask for the area of Dubai you want to live in, so need help on selecting the area close to work before I start shopping).

Hi Daredevil,

There's an article on Accommodation in the Guide of life in United Arab Emirates which provides some hints.

You might also try on Dubizzle which has a huge listing.

Hope this helps
Arlette

Thanks for the quick feedback FeeAcer. I had gone through these articles and the website as well...the catch is I'm looking for an expat's advice as to which 'area(s)' of Dubai to focus on when it comes to the rental property websites.

Hi Daredevil,

I moved to an apartment in Jumeirah Lakes Towers two months ago, so know a bit about rents.  In JLT you can get a decent 1BR in a range of let's say AED 65.000 - 80.000/annum (I am always talking fully furnished, cause that's what I did, not furnished will of course be cheaper).  If you want to live closer to Internet City, you can try the TECOM area, rents tend to be lower there, but I'm not sure of the quality of the buildings.  Another possibility, just next to TECOM is THE GREENS, developing now as a living area with small mall and some lakes and greens.  If you want to use the metro for transportation, you might wanna live in the vicinity of a station.

Do not rent without having seen the apartment first and discussed with the agent/landlord.  If you are interested, I can recommend by PM a serious reliable real estate agent.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Marleen

Marlèneke wrote:

a serious reliable real estate agent.

Isn't that something of an oxymoron? :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot Marlèneke. Please share the contact details in PM.

@ Sandman6: We'll find that out about the person in question and I'll share the experience :D ; however I encountered one back in Pakistan...so not that much of an oxymoron I say!!

@daredevil

My bro is into real estate rentals. I had been buying and selling properties. So, I believe Marina would be a good spot, but all depend on your budget. JLT too is a good place to stay.

We have couple of options for you. If you are interested you may get intouch with me.

My name is Shabbir Mandvawala(moderated: no ads please)
Iam from Karachi, living in Dubai since childhood.

Rgds/Shabbir

Thank you Shabbir. Will get in touch with you once I land in UAE and start looking for a place.

Btw since you are from Karachi; know of any reliable movers and packers who are operating from Karachi to Dubai?

dare, i know couple of guys movers n personal effect shippers from dubai to karachi, but i will have to check if they are doing it the other way or not? will check if anything, would forward you details.

BTW:
2BR in various projects and locations range
between 70,000 to 150,000. It all depends in your budget.
This range is close to the proximity of Internet and Media City.

Rgds/Shabbir
+971 50 644 12 36 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              +971 50 644 12 36      end_of_the_skype_highlighting

Thank you Shabbir, will give you a call in few weeks time.

In the meanwhile, anyone has any idea how to sell the household stuff in Karachi since there is not concept of garage sale and no ebay or anything of that sort in here. Any suggestions?

sorry buddy, no clue on how to sell household product in karachi.

Rgds/Shabbir