Ex Pats in Timosoara

My wife is originally from Timosoara and I am Canadian born and bred.  We are both 63 (Maria is the office manager at a dental clinic and I'm a police officer) and still working however we will be moving to Romania at age 65 if not soon (sooner would be better) for at least part of the year.  We have travelled to Romania twice in the last year and although I love the country and its people, I miss speaking English especially since I do not speak Romananain.  Bottom line is - I am looking for the ex pat community in Timosoara if this exists.

Hi failedsailor! Welcome on Expat-blog! :) I have moved the discussion on the Timisoara forum. You might check out the Timisoara expat network for more contacts.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks very much Christine.  I'm working on spelling Romanian correctly.

Ted

Hello there!
I'd be happy to meet with you whenever you are in TM. I've been what feels like "stranded" here for 3 years already. Don't get me wrong: it's been a very positive experience and I feel privileged I've been able to discover Romania, its dazzling landscapes, its appetite for culture and above all its complex people.
Regarding the expat community, I've watched the flock leave as the economic crisis settled in. I still know a handful (mainly French) but I am sure the German community is still strong. So keep me posted if you hear of anyone!
I would highly recommend you learn Romanian, it will make you feel at home here and you will get to know English speaking people who are more than happy to practice it with a native speaker ;-)
So welcome to Romania!

Hellow Sophie - thank you for writing.  As I said, I have been to Timisoara twice and enjoyed the summer - not such the winter however it apparently was excetional.  I was raised in a mostly Irish/Italian town in Southern Ontario (Canada) so I have a bit of an ear for Romanian - although not much sadly.  Our friends speak mostly English around me so learning is somewhat of a mute issue here. 

I take it you are German however your name is Romanian.  And why did you feel stranded although comfortably stranded.

Ted and Maria

Well this thread is pretty old but then I just found this forum. I live just outside Timisoara, Been here a few years and my Romanian still stinks ....

Hello Christin,

I need your help to know if any indian living in timisoara is available in this group, I want to understand about living in this place.