Advice needed on divorce , can any one help ?

orfi registered at mfi ..who to seek advice from ?

Hi Delle

U can check this link to know more about the orfi marriage in Egypt from the legal aspect & how to legalize it.

If u need more help … just ask

Have nice day

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : avoid posting external link on the Forum please

r u looking to register an orfi?

Hi...orfi marriage is a contract between u and the partner. Not announced and need a lawyer and 2 witnesses

Yet another person who has realized it was a mistake. Not surprised.

the orfi marriage means nothing.. its a piece of paper that can be ripped up. it has no legal binding :D if it did not get legal at the ministry its not real. all it is.. is a license to have sex and live together. correct me if I'm wrong.

It's halalizing sex basically. Isn't it.

to the police yes... to God, I think not. if cops come to a flat and they have this contract they can live together. its a fake scam marriage that most men use to have sex or to fool a woman because he is already married legally to someone else and they dont know about it. its always foriegners because they dont know any better or dont care if its real, because different culture. I think one can use this contract as a promise for marriage.. its unfinished marriage paper.

I used to criticize mu'tah marriages as it was akin to prostitution in my opinion, only to realize later on that urfi and misyar marriages exist, which are pretty similar in nature, with one obvious common purpose to them (to have temporary fun), which is why many Westerners are left disappointed and regretting taking part in this, thinking there was a future in it when there never was from the start. They should get rid of it in Egypt. I'm sure it's hurt a lot of people.

Beware , I never hear anything good of relationships with them. it has happened to too many people I have met since I moved here eight months ago, I can hardly believe it [Post has been moderated]

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not generalise

Please do not generalise as not all Egyptian men are bad. I know quite a few British women who are happily married to Egyptian men, myself included.

There is good and bad in every country it's up to you to make a point of getting to know the person before you decide to marry. If you do that you will make the right choice.