Nikah 'urfi + Unofficial + No Legal Rights

Greetings. I really hope you can help me. I don't know where to start.

Well, my father passed away in 2015 in California with no will. He cohabitated with a woman who is now demanding inheritance rights. She has a paper written in Arabic, a nikah 'urfi, unregistered, done in Egypt (if it is not a forged document).

The woman is now claiming she thought her marriage was valid and legal in Egypt and she should be given an inheritance, 50% or more of my father's property that was all in his name.

The woman had a previous nikah. She has lived in California for over 30 years. She even obtained a civil divorce from the first husband. She has been to college and had her own business.

Please give me your feedback.

Dear
You need to know if it is a registered  marriage  here or not  it is not allowed to put phone numbers here so pm me to send you a phone number

She dont have the legal right, its not registered contract

Hi,
Even if the paper unregistered, she can register it at egypt like official marriage and she can take her rights by courts, but that at egypt not know if it same at USA or not.
Best regards.

Hello. It is unregistered, and my father died.

Thank you. I agree.

Hello. I don't believe she can register the marriage two years after my father died. She had her chance when he was alive. In any case, she has no property rights on the husband.

taminab wrote:

Hello. I don't believe she can register the marriage two years after my father died. She had her chance when he was alive. In any case, she has no property rights on the husband.

If you have a copy from that paper it will be easier when see it to decide if she have rights or not.

Hi

Urfi marriage could be register here in Egypt though the family courts if she can prove for the court that there was real marriage bond between her and the other party on the contract by witnesses or any other mean but also the two parties of the contract should meet all needed requirements on the Egyptian's law in the time of making the contract to be considered it as valid marriage from the Islamic and legal aspect .

This about here In Egypt but i don't no about USA .

Have Nice Day