Bookstores

Does anyone know a bookstore called Al Resala, supposed to be in Hai Al Andalus. Not sure if thats the place in Gargaresh, or the Andalus Gate mall in town. Can someone advise, and is it any good? Or can you recommend better?

good question ;) can we find magazines or english books around here?

There is a bookshop in Ras Hasan Street near Aljomhoriya Bank, it's called The House of Books and they are Macmillan Education's exclusive distributor, they have a huge collection of ELT books for adults and kids as well as some Dictionaries for different fields. let me know if need their Number or directions.

We all need, I dare say ;)

We let you know ;) Please, kindly, where is it? Is there anything except Jamahiria Bank? Is it somewhere close to the Green Square or Gergeresh?

You can either check these coordinates on google map 32.871464,13.212393

If you head from Ben Ashour on Al-Jarabah Street towards the Libyan swiss Clinic and the US embassy, after you pass them you get to Sidi Almasri's main traffic lights, you turn left and drive for less than half a mile and it will be on ur left hand side.

or contact 0914429517 to get more directions from them.

good luck :)

Another option is to download ebooks.

During Ramadan and Eid, LTT Wimax doubled the download allocation from 10 to 20gb. Mine is up for renemal on Oct 10th, safe to say I have abused this offer!!

I have around 300 ebooks for boredom back up now, as well as plenty of music/movies/tv etc..... :D

EDIT: I have every Stephen King novel and The BBC's top 100 "must read" Ebooks in pdf format for anybody interested.

Thanks everyone. I will take a look this week. Already have e-books in PDF for desktop / laptop but thinking of getting a Sony reader. Not sure if I can get one here. If anyone is tempted to try Kobo, DONT. The software is rubbish.

Kes I am interested in some of the BBc's top 100. Can you tell me which titles you have.

I'm test driving a Sony E Reader, it's awesome. No more carrying piles of books around everywhere.

Did you get it here in Libya??  If so, where??

Haggis wrote:

Did you get it here in Libya??  If so, where??

No chance! It's my sister's, I've just borrowed it to see if I can get used to reading a book on a screen. The answer is yes, now I have to buy one, either from US or Europe.

Thanks. If anyone knows where I can get one here, please let me know.

Ebay and then DHL seems to be the only way if you are stuck in Libya.

Or use Aramex

Or Fedex.

Re: download of e-books, can anyone recommend best sites to download from?  Many UK and US e-sellers won't download to LY IP addresses, as "unauthorised territory"

I use BooksOnBoard and registered my account to a UK address.

Thanks, I'll try it.

Just visited BooksonBoard. Very good, fast download. Wouldn't accept UK credit card, but got it to take Paypal. Thanks a lot. Lifesaver!!

get a Kindle.

Kindle Vs E Reader - horses for courses

square wrote:

Kes I am interested in some of the BBc's top 100. Can you tell me which titles you have.

You have PM, check your inbox.