Procedure foreigner to get married with malaysian muslim in malaysia

hello, i just want to know what's the procedure for a foreigner (non muslim) to get married with muslim in malaysia. Awaiting for your reply. Appreciate that. Thanks

He needs to convert to Islam as the first step and attend the classes etc.at this nearest Mosque.

Be aware that it is not even possible for him to get a Long Term Social Visit Pass in Malaysia for 6 months after the marriage. This may mean you will be parted for most of that time,  as normal immigration procedures apply i.e. getting a tourist visa to enter Malaysia, for example.

Furthermore, that pass is not initially endorsed with the right to work until he has been in Malaysia for 6 months on the LTSVP.

It depends on where he's from, but this applies to her majesty, Queen Elizabeth II's British  subjects.
I can give you my experience of this as a British guy who went through it.

First is the paperwork.
Birth certificate
Certificate of no impediment from the nearest registry office (This takes about 5 to 6 weeks)
You only need basic information about the soon to be wife - Name, address, date of birth.
You also need to state the place you will marry - I recommend the place I've detail below.

These must be legalised in London - you can post them, but I strongly suggest you take them by hand to the office under Admiralty arch. Be in the queue at 7 am, and you'll have them back by lunch. If you're there at 8, expect to be in London all day or overnight.

Convert to Islam. If getting married in Malaysia, convert at a Malay establishment in London.
All you need do is say shahada in front of two Muslim men, and the job's done.
Just two lines in Arabic, and no one expects you to be perfect.

Try here.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_R … gland.html

Give them a call first, but you get a lovely walk from Admiralty arch though Hyde park, you get a llovely certificate, and the food is very nice.

Back to the place to get married.

https://foursquare.com/v/pejabat-agama- … 4bbb747ae7

Apart from being amazingly beautiful, the people there were extremely helpful.
They'll ask you to state Shahada again in order to get a Muslim ID card, then you can go ahead with the marriage.

You fill out the forms, pay a tiny fee, then you're packed off for a quick and simple AIDS test.
The results come back in about an hour, return to the office, and make a date for the wedding.

Next day is commonly fine.
You'll be dumped in an office with two guys, and your two witnesses (Muslim Men), along with the bride's father.
The whole thing takes 15 minutes or so, and you're legally married.

A note - This info is eight years out of date, so check first.

Jasim UK wrote:

I want to
Marry

I'm taken, ducky. :D