Who own a property? im thinking about buying in Cluj, need infos.

I am thinking about buying a property near Kluj require information of who the present and past owners are .

peter.

Hello Peter,

If you have a particular property in mind, ask the current owner (or whoever is trying to sell the house) to get you an 'extras de carte funciara pentru informare'. This is a piece of paper issued by the land registry at a small cost and it'll give you more information about the house, namely: where the house is (the address, topological number, etc, so you can be sure it's the house you want to buy), who owns the house and in what proportions, the surface areas of the land, house and annexes, when the current owner bought it, and also if there are any outstanding debts on the house (mortgages, loans, etc.)

If the alleged owner refuses to give you one of these, then I would be very suspicious.

Hi thanks for your prompt reply, the problem is as i live in Spain how do i go about getting an Extras  de carte funciara pentru informare.

Pete

Give the job to a reliable realtor, or wait until you get here and then go about house hunting.

leapfrog52 wrote:

Hi thanks for your prompt reply, the problem is as i live in Spain how do i go about getting an Extras  de carte funciara pentru informare.

Pete

As you say the house is in Cluj country, you'd have to apply to the ANCPI in Cluj. The extras de CF is a public record, so anyone can apply for a copy. If you have Romanian friends in Cluj, you could ask them to go and get it. It'll cost them 20 RON (4.50 Euro) and be ready in a couple of days. The place they'd need to go is:

http://www.ancpi.ro/pages/ocpi.php?oid=17

The main problem is that it's not enough to give the ANCPI just the address, they can't give you the extras de CF without the cadastru no. of the property (a unique identifying number for each property). You should ask the seller for this because it's needed on the application form. If the seller refuses to give it to you, or you don't want him to know you're checking out the property, or possibly he doesn't know it either if he's had the property for so long he has no documents to hand, then you have to apply for the cadastru no. from...yep...the same guys. They charge 100 RON (22 Euro) for this.

If you don't have a friend in Cluj to go and get it for you, you could try an estate agent, as Sir Nookie says, or even contact a notary public in Cluj. Obviously, both of these will charge you something for their services. I would still try asking the seller for it as it's in his interest to have a recent extras de CF as any wise potential buyer would ask to see it. Even if the one he has is very old, you can at least get the cadastru no. from it and save a bit of time and money.

Try the local Primarie. They hold all the details.

The primaria (town hall) has some details, but they are not always correct, trust me! I found out having owned my place for two years, and it being registered completely in my name at the town hall records, that some of the annexes (barn, pig sty, woodshed, etc) hadn't been transferred to my name, mostly due to some changes to the deeds that occurred around the time of the purchase because of a cadastru project in the commune. The were still in the previous owner's name on the extras de CF, meaning he still legally owned them. Luckily I found out and sorted it.

They also won't know if there are any outstanding debts on the place, so if the owner has taken out a loan on the place, remortgaged, or has some kind of dispute, this would only appear on the extras de CF. Also, old properties might appear in town hall records under one family member's name, whereas in fact it might be jointly owned or inherited - if the family didn't bother updating the town hall, it'll remain in the original name: the town hall don't care that much as long as someone is paying the local taxes for the property.

Anyway, if you just want to find out who owns a place so you can approach that person to see if he's interested in selling, then the town hall is a good idea. If you want to check the legal status of the property, you have to get the extra de CF - this is the document the notary public will use to decide whether the property can be sold or not.

Thank you Maykal and all the otheres who have replied.

Pete.

You're welcome. Best of luck with the house hunting.

Hi Peter.

It's interested that you should make this request. My name is Aaron and I've been living here in since 2013 and now I work for a company who are doing exactly what you're looking to find out about.

The company is British owned and just beginning to establish itself here in Cluj so we will be looking into a lot of this and we have a number of contacts that might be able to help you out as it can be pretty complicated.

There's a lot of info out there and I'll be happy to help if I can.

Let me know by dropping me a message by e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks!

Hi Robin & Sue could you recomend me a good English speaking solicitor 

leap frog

leapfrog52 wrote:

Hi Robin & Sue could you recomend me a good English speaking solicitor 

leap frog

Hi, you are replying on an inactive topic, as you might be aware :) Please refer to the BUSINESS DIRECTORY for recommended businesses or service providers.  :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

HI Aaron i have been trying to get in touch with you i cant get through on your email **

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct