Info required

Hi Sumitran,

Iv read your posts where u give all the best possible guidance. Its really commendable. I would like to share my case. I  have got an opportunity with Saud Bahwan group in Muscat for a Sales profile opening in Heavy Sales (Commercial Vehicles). My current CTC in India is 5 lakhs/annum. What package would be good enough for a guy like me to leave my country and move to Oman. Although I have not received the offer letter with terms and conditions, but I am told that i will get accommodation, car, medical from Saud Bahwan. Taking into consideration I am single, could you please  throw some light on this.
Thanks

Hello akki18,

While waiting for the help of sumitran and other members, i invite you to have a look at this thread : Cost of living in Muscat.

Thanks

Priscilla :)

akki18 wrote:

Hi Sumitran,

Iv read your posts where u give all the best possible guidance. Its really commendable. I would like to share my case. I  have got an opportunity with Saud Bahwan group in Muscat for a Sales profile opening in Heavy Sales (Commercial Vehicles). My current CTC in India is 5 lakhs/annum. What package would be good enough for a guy like me to leave my country and move to Oman. Although I have not received the offer letter with terms and conditions, but I am told that i will get accommodation, car, medical from Saud Bahwan. Taking into consideration I am single, could you please  throw some light on this.
Thanks

Hi akki18,

The Saud Bahwan Group (SBG) is one of Oman's oldest and well diversified business conglomerates. Their systems and processes are well in place. Which means there is not much scope for you to negotiate a deal which can be better that what will be offered to you. So don't worry too much on that front. But otherwise SBG's work culture is pretty old fashioned. And for newcomers it could be a sort of culture shock. Come prepared to face these challenges.

For a bachelor a reasonably decent salary would be R.O. 500/- in hand - after all costs. If your current package is what you have indicated then your work experience must be limited.

Good luck.