Nurse maybe moving to Muscat

I got a job in AlRaffah Hospital. They offered me 250 RO salary and free accomodation. is it enough or is it too low? I alreay worked as a nurse in Yemen for alm ost 3 years. so do u think they are giving me a very low salary based on my experience?

Hello rizaliefigueroa20 and welcome to Expat.com!

I hope that other members will help you soon.

Harmonie.:)

Al Refah Hospital is good , and located in the heart of Muscat , RO.250 is also good comparing to other hosipitals in the same range , Oman is totally difrrent that Yeman , i am sure that you are going yo enjoy it . Dont worry so many philipino pepole in Oman , and there is one famouse resturent serviceing philpino food in Ruwai named Payalok . you wellcome for any assistance

ahmedaldarmaki wrote:

Al Refah Hospital is good , and located in the heart of Muscat , RO.250 is also good comparing to other hosipitals in the same range , Oman is totally difrrent that Yeman , i am sure that you are going yo enjoy it . Dont worry so many philipino pepole in Oman , and there is one famouse resturent serviceing philpino food in Ruwai named Payalok . you wellcome for any assistance

is al raffah hospital big? so 250 RO is ok and enough? i just passed the hr my signed contract so im waitng for their reply.. inshallah, i leave and go to muscat soon.. cant wait to experience a new environment,,

Don't take it so serious , keep it cool, you are going to enjoy much staying in Oman , from my experience no one come here and like to go back unless there is big personal problem force him/her to go but not related to Oman , AlRafah hospital is so good , I am working at one of biggest bank in Oman as manager , and my bank give me free facility to treat healthy in the most of biggest private hospital in Oman , and one of them is Al Raffah ,  about your salary I feel its so good according to Philippines life , for example 1000 peso is almost  8.5 omani riyal , so you can calculate your 250 RO how much in pp , this is net salary as you said without accommodations & transporation , keep note that if you are in oman so you are not alone , every one ready to help you and share with you your problems if any , with no big mouth you will find omani people more caring than your family in Philippines , but as normal life you should meet the good people , not bola bola people as your  Tagalog language said. one more example most of philipino ladies in oman are working as houemaid and monthly salary is 80 RO , with one day off in month , so u are lucky , hope that i motivate you , by the way whats your religion so i can advice you if you like .

ahmedaldarmaki wrote:

Don't take it so serious , keep it cool, you are going to enjoy much staying in Oman , from my experience no one come here and like to go back unless there is big personal problem force him/her to go but not related to Oman , AlRafah hospital is so good , I am working at one of biggest bank in Oman as manager , and my bank give me free facility to treat healthy in the most of biggest private hospital in Oman , and one of them is Al Raffah ,  about your salary I feel its so good according to Philippines life , for example 1000 peso is almost  8.5 omani riyal , so you can calculate your 250 RO how much in pp , this is net salary as you said without accommodations & transporation , keep note that if you are in oman so you are not alone , every one ready to help you and share with you your problems if any , with no big mouth you will find omani people more caring than your family in Philippines , but as normal life you should meet the good people , not bola bola people as your  Tagalog language said. one more example most of philipino ladies in oman are working as houemaid and monthly salary is 80 RO , with one day off in month , so u are lucky , hope that i motivate you , by the way whats your religion so i can advice you if you like .

Thanks alot for your tips. NOw i feel more ok for accepting that job. im just waiting to hear from the employer for the next step. Im a catholic. although, i dont think it wont be hard since oman is an open country. i was in yemen already so i kind of know how to live in a muslim country.. but if u have more tips on how to adjust with the life in oman. i really will much appreciate it. Thank you very much.

As you said Oman is open country , and since you was in Yamen before you are not going to face any issue to live in Muslim country , in fact there is no much diffence between Muslims and Christians , there are many Beliefs Similar in both religions.
However in Muscat there are 2 Church in Muscat one in Ruwi and the 2nd in Ghoubra , you may check this link for more information http://www.churchinoman.com/

Your embassy address in Oman as following :

Embassy of the Philippines in Muscat, Oman
Bldg. No. 1041/1043 Way No. 3015
Al Kharijyah St., Shati Al Qurum, Muscat, SULTANATE OF OMAN
P.O. Box No. 420 Madinat Qaboos
Postal Code 115, Muscat, Sultanate of Oman - Muscat
Phone: (00968) 24-605-140 / 143/ 335; 695-359; 696-641
Fax: (00968) 24-605-176
Email: [email protected] / [email protected]
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m

Best luck ,,

I think you should get atleast 350.

good luck to all

well done ahmedaldarmaki you gave her all thing and from my side i will welcome any body in Oman in his/her second country

Best Regards
Ammar

Oman is good country to work with anyway you are in the center of Oman don't u feel worry I guess your kapampangan we stay in same place but I'm from guagua. Anyway if you will have any problem many Filipino will help you or you can mesg me kabalen. Enjoy your adventure going to Oman..Good Luck 250 is nearing O.K.

Hello drasel12 and welcome to Expat.com!

drasel12 wrote:

Oman is good country to work with anyway you are in the center of Oman don't u feel worry I guess your kapampangan we stay in same place but I'm from guagua. Anyway if you will have any problem many Filipino will help you or you can mesg me kabalen. Enjoy your adventure going to Oman..Good Luck 250 is nearing O.K.

yes, im in angeles now.i can understand kapampangan but cant speak it really well... you're in oman too? hope to see u there when im there.. ill send u a message..thanks for your help..

harmonie wrote:

Hello drasel12 and welcome to Expat.com!

Thank's for the welcome harmonie!

rizaliefigueroa20 wrote:
drasel12 wrote:

yes, im in angeles now.i can understand kapampangan but cant speak it really well... you're in oman too? hope to see u there when im there.. ill send u a message..thanks for your help..

:)
Yah I'm in Oman for 6yrs already! Well I like your Cat very beautiful it's a persian cat? I wish i can have one! I'm also animal lover I had b4 German Sheperd but already passed away!
Sad to say, Anyway angles city very nice place especially for gimik! anyway see u around!

drasel12 wrote:
rizaliefigueroa20 wrote:
drasel12 wrote:

Yah I'm in Oman for 6yrs already! Well I like your Cat very beautiful it's a persian cat? I wish i can have one! I'm also animal lover I had b4 German Sheperd but already passed away!
Sad to say, Anyway angles city very nice place especially for gimik! anyway see u around!

wow.. thats very long.. i hope you will be my friend when i get there.. there are other filipinos who will work there with me but i dont know them and the one girl doesnt really like me..
my cat is a shirazi from egypt. its a family of the persian cat. i left it in yemen and i really miss him. maybe we can look for pet together when im there. iwant another cat. sorry for your german sheperd.

In Oman no need to buy cat , its available every where free of cost , just be ready with food & Milk . dont be Surprised if you will find one at your hosiptal running to kitchen after smelling the fry fish ( Joke ) , Omani people normally not like to have animal in house such as dog and cat. But at the same time not disturb any one like to have.

ahmedaldarmaki wrote:

In Oman no need to buy cat , its available every where free of cost , just be ready with food & Milk . dont be Surprised if you will find one at your hosiptal running to kitchen after smelling the fry fish ( Joke ) , Omani people normally not like to have animal in house such as dog and cat. But at the same time not disturb any one like to have.

Best Regards
Ammar

Ministry of defense Royal army hospital offer 500 OR

There is no compare in that , Al Raffa hospital is just small private hospital which was open 2 years back only ( if i am not wrong June 2009 ) starting by 40 beds , Al Raffah Hospital is sharing between Oman and India investment , but MOD hospital is government hospital and offer free health  treatment to the Ministry of defense staff only . so the salary must be totally different , Al Raffah hospital is very new in Oman but in fact they are providing very excellent service and treatment by very qualify staff . they estiblished with 5 M Riyal Omani , I have visited the hospital and I really appreciated their high quality treatment with patients.

Hi rizalie, im from pampanga and working here in UAE not in oman..Konting ingat sa mga aapplayan mo ok. best thing na gawin mo is to check the legal agency na nag ooperate sa POEA..wag kang pasisilaw sa mga offer maraming cases ng human trafficking..Good luck to you kabalen

Hi Rezalie you are welcome to Muscat it is nice place and you will find every thing you want for any help you can contact me any time 0096897259990

In my opinion don't go Libya. Oman offered salary seems good.

I can say:
There is less Filipino here in Oman compare Qatar or Saudi Arabia.
Oman is Indian people countries. Indians are everywhere.
If possible,work at Qatar or United Arab Emirate not here in Oman.

There are not a big malls in Oman compare other Gulf countries.

Woman may drive in Oman,woamn wearing style may be more free style.
Oman people is the best Arabs at Gulf Area. They are cultured and respect to other person as normal attitude.

Muscat, due to a lot of hills, city is not crowded. And looks like small town. That s why person need to have car or take taxi for doing another activity.

Muscat traffic is crowded at morning and evening.

Summary: If possible,work at Qatar or United Arab Emirates not here in Oman. Also I think Saudi Arabia, Jubail or Al Khobar is better than here too due too a lot of Malls & shopping center. Capital Muscat looks like small town.

pearl32 wrote:

hi every one i got hired in oman hospital under moh..my salary offer is 700usd plus 340usd if live out..it is ok or not...

i am hired also in libya hospital under moh also and my salary offer is 935LD...

I just want to ask what is better to go oman o libya

Pls i need your opinion

Hi pearl32,

I don't know about the salary comparison, but what I do know is that Oman is a certainly a better place to live and work ... hands down !

As you may probably be aware, Libya is still in a big mess - post the Gaddafi regime. Safety and security are big concerns there.

In Oman, and Muscat in particular, that is not the case. Muscat is a very cosmopolitan, multi-ethnic, multinational, multicultural city, teeming with Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, Sri Lankans, and from the other side, Filipinos, Thais, Malaysians, Indonesians, Cambodians, etc., besides Arabic speaking population from the North African countries like Sudan, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, plus of course the people from the other GCC countries too. Needless to add Muscat has a very healthy population of Pinoys.

The best part of Oman is undoubtedly its locals – dignified, courteous and very respectable to all expatriates.

So, in my opinion Oman is a better, safer bet !

For your information, if your salary is 250 to 500, please see that accomodation or house rent is provided by the hospital, else I dont feel it is really worth. 

What I know is, Nurses are paid around 850 rials per month with/without accomodation.

All the best for your endeavours rizaliefigueroa20
and pearl32

welcome to muscat

Hello everyone,

I just want to ask if 125 OR basic pay is already enough to live in Muscat? with living allowance,house,transpo,food amounting to 200 OR?
thank you very much for any replies :)

Hi goky,

While it is not much, still a bachelor can manage to live on this salary, if all expenses are taken care of by the company.

But if the company gives you R.O. 200/- per month in hand and asks you to fend for yourself, then it would be very difficult.

Good luck !

Thank you very much for the reply Sumitran..:) It means an RO 325 where i need to pay for everything is just a bachelor's salary? Oh myyyyy...can i still send a sum for my family back home? or will just be enough as work to eat status?

goky wrote:

Thank you very much for the reply Sumitran..:) It means an RO 325 where i need to pay for everything is just a bachelor's salary? Oh myyyyy...can i still send a sum for my family back home? or will just be enough as work to eat status?

Hi goky,

Yes you can ... but it may not be much.

Good luck !

That is a pittance!

HI have you heard of Oman Police Hospital?

Yes. Mababa po Yan. Pero Kung wla kana ibang choice grab mo na or if u want to run away sa yemen

@ mmilvar > Do note that you have replied on an old thread here (2011). Can you please write in english only so that other members can understand?

How can we help you?

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hi. Goodevening guys. Im Cristine Im recently here in Muscat with my auntie. Can you help me guys. Im looking for a job. Im a nurse I take prometric exam, but my score is 59% no one accepts that score. But it indicates passed, please help me to find a job. Thankyou so much for the help. :)

Hi cristinepretty,

The best thing for you to do would be to make a personal visit to all the polyclinics in and around the neighbourhoods where you would like to work. It would give you a good idea of what the ground realities are.

Usually most of these polyclinics provide shared accommodation facilities for its paramedical and other support staff. So the area is not really as important as getting a job first.