I would love to hear from you

Hi All,

I am from India, based in Pune. I am being offered an assignment in our company's plant in Rayong - Eastern Sea Board (near Pattaya).
I plan to move with my wife and my infant son.

I would love to hear from you, your suggestions on:
1. Accomodation: Is it better to search in Pattaya or Rayong (eastern sea board)?
2. Schooling: My son should be of age to start his play school beginning next year but I find the international schools to be extremely expensive. Any suggestions?
3. What would be the rough cost of living in Pattaya vs Rayong?

Sorry to be asking so many questions. Just that I am a ball of nerves now, as it is a major decision for me and my family.

Have a good day!

Hello prasa.shank and welcome to Expat.com :)

i have created a new thread with your post on the Pattaya forum for more visibility and interaction with the other members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

you should find a nice hotel,to stay for a while,so you can get the feel of thailand
as for the international schools here they are $$$$$,and most have a long waiting list
Rayang will be your best bet,as it will close to your work
monthly expences very,that depends on what kind of live stile you want to live here in thailand
expat's that live(retired) here should have 65,000THB a month,the expats that are married to a Thai only need 40,000THB thats because the Thai wife,some times works to help out

hope this helps a little bit, Happy

I don't know who you are and don't care but what you write is not true. I been coming to Thailand for 27 years and live here as an expat right now. It only cost me maybe 20,000. baht a month counting electric and water. I don't know where you get your figures from. There is more advantages then disadvantages. There has been some major visa changes here now and this is where Cambodia leads in this race plus you will get more room for your dollar in Cambodia then Thailand. Yes I have been to PP just to check it out. I say 1000. US dollars is more then enough to live on in Thailand.
And yes if you figure everything out it might be cheaper to live in Cambodia in the long run.

you should my post again the 65000THB /40000THB the goverment requires a month for expats to stay in thailand
and the OP said that he has a job in thailand and no where does he say any thing about Cambodia
maybe your english skills are not up to snuff
thats my "25 stang"  worth

Dear prasa shank , i m working in eastern sea board industrial area also.
1- that area is far from pattaya and rayong. You will travel approx . 1 hour every day. I dont know if you will have car but if you will use company van , they generally reach to work 30 min before shift start ( thais like to have breakfast at work) so everyday you will wake up at 6 am.
2- you have a family and believe me you will need minimum 60k baht to live.. if you wanna save.. than you need more.
3- most of my thai coworkers live in siracha. Its closer and cheaper. Pattaya is expensive but it also depends on how you wanna live. If you wanna live in a house... chockchai is cheaper ( in pattaya) my indian friends are living there with their families. If you wanna live close to international schools but again in a house... ( expensive ones) , i know a family who gives 60k rent per month. ( which is crazy expensive) 4- be carefull with your contract !

4- if you dont like siracha , than you can think about rayong. First decide why you wanna move to thailand... to save money or is it just a sacrify ( if you know that it will help  your  future career )
5- any other question.... please do not hesitate
6- please remember that working/living is not that easy here...