New members of the Thailand forum, introduce yourself here - 1st quarter of 2015

Kourtneybrownsamui wrote:

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself as I have recently moved to koh Samui and looking to make new friends :-)

Peace and love

Kourtney x

Welcome in Expat.com, all the best for you

hello everyone, I am from India, do visit bkk often for my work, would be looking out to make few friends there to meet post working hours.

Hi,
I'm from the UK and I am possibly moving to Bangkok as I have been offered a teaching job. We are looking into jobs for my partner, who does not have a degree, before I accept the job post. Would love to move to Bangkok providing my partner can get a job in the Sukhumvit area.

Hi,

We are looking only for jobs. Not for investment.

Hello ak299,

For info, this thread is for the presentation of new members.

Any job seeking must be done in the appropriate section > Jobs in Thailand.

Thank you for your comprehension.
Marjorie

Hi! I'm Jeff. I'm 46 year old American from Santa Cruz , California. Living on Koh Samui for a few months, here on a 9 month tourist visa. Have travelled a fair amount in Thailand. Love beaches / nature / Thai food / hiking / reading / music.  Would love to connect with other expats, share experiences and stories.  Besides english I speak fluent french and passable broken Thai. Would love to hear back - khup khun khup!

Hi Kourtney! I'm jeff. I also recently moved to Samui about a month ago. Planning on staying another couple of months. I'm 46 from California. Really love the beautiful beaches and great food here. I know Samui fairly well but there's always more to see. Would love to meet some cool / interesting people to hang out with, explore the island, food, nightlife etc.  You can reply here or email me at [email protected] . Hope you're having fun, welcome and hope to hear back! - Jeff

Hi there

Greetings from wintry Finland!

My name is Aino, 26 years old. I arrived here in Bangkok few weeks ago and I´m already in love with this city! Luckily I have plenty of time to enjoy as I´m working here until end of August.

Easy outgoing, friendly and humorous. Thai boxing and dancing. Excitement and lazy Sundays. Heavy metal & rock, good gigs and laughing out loud (neither deny a drink or a few every now and then).

Have a nice weekend :)

Nice genuine post, sounds like you fit in well in BKK, enjoy

Hello all, Joy here from the Sunshine State (Florida) my hubby and I are looking to retire in Chiang Mai we are in our mid 40s but would like to make the move in 2-3 years hopefully sooner.  We would like to check it out first by living in Chiang Mai for a month. 

All the best,
Joy

Sawadee Ka,

My name is Anna Salerno and I am a Chef and food blogger from San Francisco, originally from New York. I just moved to Bangkok last week. My Southeast Asia traveling began February in Nepal, March in India, and now April, Thailand. My plan was to explore the culinary world in each city/country I visited, starting in Nepal and finishing in Bali.

Bangkok has it's hold on me and I am here to stay, at least for 6 months. I am currently looking for a Pastry Cook job in a restaurant, hotel kitchen, or bakery. If you know of any awesome, credible chefs you can connect me with or, if you are exploring the street food of Bangkok and would love some company, feel free to connect with me! I am looking to not only expand my culinary knowledge, skills, and build my resume in Bangkok, but also to expand my community of expats and locals, living in BKK.:)

Check out my blog at annasalerno.com or instagram @nom_nom_nomad. Email is [email protected]. Look forward to chatting.

Chokdee Ka,

Anna

@anna

I suggest that you do an online search for the better hotel chains here and approach them about work. I am not too sure but chef work may be on the prohibited or restricted list for expats unless it is with an international hotel chain.

Good Luck getting any kind of real job in Thailand. they do not allow Expats to work here, unless you start your own business or are married to a Thai. You can't even volunteer, to bad for Thailand.  Good Luck.

Thanks for the advice:) I will look into that!

It will take longer than a month to figure everything out, we thought we new it all, we came every year for 20 years, turns out till we moved here we didn't know anything, cars are expensive here bring one with you, if you can, bring light weight clothes, hard to find clothes to fit most Americans here, health care will be a issue, you can pay as you go, usually pretty cheap, but can be heavy handed on the drugs, if you decide to buy health care you can get Great insurance for cheap (hospital only) for about a thousand a year, will cover if you travel also, and will take pre existing conditions, and will cover you till you are 90 years, quite unusual for Thailand, usually if you are over 60, you won't be able to find healthcare in Thailand.  Name of the insurance is, Thai Life insurance, they will attach a rider for life insurance, this is common for Thailand, it's only 300-500, won't cover that much but you get interest on it and in 3 years it is returned to you. So no big deal.  Good Luck with you move, be aware that Chiang Mai is very smoky at least 4 months out of the year when they burn the rice fields, can be quite bad, in March they had to close the airport.  You might think about one of the beach towns durning the burning period. Fly back & forth quite cheap airfare.

hi, my name is danny from malaysia(borneo) will be at phuket from 9th april till 16th april. hope to explore the island and spend fun time at the beach.

Hello Friends, I am Marknday From India, I will come Thailand on 13th April, without any friend, So Plz join me. My what's up no. +919717765361

Hi everybody,

my name is Markus, I'm from Austria (not Australia - we only have cows and no kangoroos  :D ) and I live and work since almost a year in Thailand.
I'm currently living in Pattaya - Jomtien/Soi Wat Boon and would like to meet some new people in Pattaya, as the most people around my area only speak Russian. Would be also great to meet some people who are (how can I say?) still classified as the "younger generation"  :/:D

Alright then, would be great to receive some replys

Best Regards

Hi, me and my son will be in pattya on 25 april, please contact us, my son is 20 and my daughter 27 , come and meet them, I'm sore you will have a nice time with them hana

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=462041

Thanks!

Closed