Making International Calls

Hi Everyone,

I am from the U.S. (San Francisco) and am thinking of coming to Cuenca in March for a month visit.  While there, I hope to be able to conduct business in the U.S.  I plan to bring my Vonage router and an ATT cell phone. 

Question: We'll I be able to communicate with the U.S. without problem?  A couple months ago, I was in Mexico; I found that the lines were compromised; I had difficulty communicating.

Thanks for any input.

Peter

I have been in Cuenca for about five weeks now and I am using my MagicJack +  that I use for my home phone in NC.  We have been making several calls a week to the US with no problem, and with no phone charges.  I use VOIP through the internet with my lap top.  As long as the internet is good you should not have a problem.  We also have Skype but I have better connections with MJ+.
I am using the land line telephone in the apartment we rented so if anyone needs to call me they just use the same phone number they would use when we are in the US with no long distance charges.

Ron

Hi Ron,

Thanks for your input.  I appreciate learning about your experience.  I found recently when I stayed in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico that the telephone lines were compromised.  I glad to learn you're having no problems.

Enjoy your stay in Cuenca.

Peter