Lodging - need vacation apartment around Cong Vien Con Rua

Hi, my husband and I will be in Saigon for around 2 weeks for our bro's wedding. We plan quite a few side trips here and there (visiting our son who teaches in Can Tho and a few nights probably in Mui Ne or Nha Trang etc.) . Instead of checking in and out at many hotels, we were entertaining renting an apartment (CLEAN BED/LINEN/TOWELS please! preferably with cleaning and safe area) from Jan 2 checking out on Jan 13 (even though we do not expect to stay in Saigon for 11 nights straight). At least, 1 BR 1 BA With living room / kitchen around Pham Ngoc Thach, Old Post office (not Pham Ngu Lao area). 2 BRs will be better in case our son and a friend come to stay overnight. Our Budget is +/- $300. Please provide rate (all taxes/fees included) / pictures - thanks a bunch!

There is a serviced apartment building called Ao Dai on Le Thanh Ton, Quan 1, HCM. But I don't know if they do 14 day periods.

Surely a hotel would be good enough - they will hold the room (for a fee) or your baggage for free.

Phạm Ngọc Thạch, P. 6, Q. 3 runs parallel to HAI BA TRUNG between DIEN BIEN PHU and VOI THO SAU. This stretch of HBT has several OK hotels and faces a park.

Put 10.78643, 106.690536 in your smart phone or Bing Maps

I don't think 300$ for 2 weeks is reasonable for lodging. While you can find several apartments for 300$ a month, they would require a longer term contract.

You can try AirBnB (google it) but I doubt you'll find anything that cheap.

Thanks for your input. I agree....The alternative is for us (as mentioned before) is to stay at  "mini-hotels" (with breakfast) "here and there" (not throughout the 11 nights) - this way, we have daily "house" cleaning too. Thanks though guys for your input!

PS: Actually, we are renting an apartment (thru AirBnB) with 2BRs 2 BAs for the first part of the trip (before Jan 2) when we have our other children with us. But upon our return from Cambodia on Jan 2, there will only be the 2 of us most of the time (our other kids will go back to the States due to work).

Jaitch wrote:

There is a serviced apartment building called Ao Dai on Le Thanh Ton, Quan 1, HCM. But I don't know if they do 14 day periods.

Surely a hotel would be good enough - they will hold the room (for a fee) or your baggage for free.

Phạm Ngọc Thạch, P. 6, Q. 3 runs parallel to HAI BA TRUNG between DIEN BIEN PHU and VOI THO SAU. This stretch of HBT has several OK hotels and faces a park.

Put 10.78643, 106.690536 in your smart phone or Bing Maps

Jaitch.
You have replaced Tripadvisor ,online filght booking sites and Google search.
That's great.
I wish someone like you was online with constant reliable information when I left the gemeinde dorf.
That way I might not have needed to search for anything online except for Expat.com.
No need to ask a person face to face about information.
Not concerns about any mistakes.
I just hope you've still got time for business.

Then I would have never made a mistake and bought one of these------
http://databikes.com/imgs/a/b/n/u/w/kawasaki__klr_250_d_1985_1_lgw.jpg

Oh. Back on topic.
SASMOM. You should not be afraid  of going to Tripadvisor and looking at options,taking it all with a grain of salt.
West Coast LaxFox is correct.An apartment will not be worth your time,for cost outlay.
Don't be disenfranchised about "Pham Ngu Lao".
Just look online for hotels ACTUALLY on Pham Ngu Lao street. They have some good specials and good sized rooms.

SASMOM wrote:

Actually, we are renting an apartment (thru AirBnB) with 2BRs 2 BAs for the first part of the trip

AirBNB rentals in VietNam are illegal. Period, unless it is a hotel or other approved hostelry.

How do I know? Firstly I shared dinner with a 'friend' who works for Internal Security and he said they are on to this; no apartments can be rented without approval from the police, and leases prohibit subleasing without the owner's consent. You are still required to register with police ... and that requires a property be approved.

jimbream wrote:

SASMOM. You should not be afraid  of going to Tripadvisor and looking at options,taking it all with a grain of salt. ... Don't be disenfranchised about "Pham Ngu Lao".
Just look online for hotels ACTUALLY on Pham Ngu Lao street. They have some good specials and good sized rooms.

TRIPADVISOR (owned by Expedia), along with Lonely Planet are amongst the worst sources of information around. Forget the grain of salt ... make it a bag of salt.

Pham Ngu Lao is a backpacker slum. Many people who stay there wouldn't be seen dead in an area like that back home. Besides, over half the area has been condemned even for Vietnamese and is scheduled for demolition as soon as funding is arranged.

And, I wonder, what is the purpose of posting yet another copyrighted picture of a motorcycle?

As for hotels in VietNam, I have a database of over 8,600 properties in VietNam sitting here on my server, complete with pictures and detailed inspection reports. Unfortunately, it is for subscription only which is why I can't quote from it. Tripadvisor never visits properties they hawk - they even have one hotel in Ha Noi with seven separate listings - all with different names and slight variations in addresses. So much for being 'thorough'.

hello

motobikes house add 105 pham ngu lao dst 1 ho chi minh city viet nam
area backparkes , 300 usd / 1 month / new hostel
kontact [email protected]
mobile nonstop 0903788068
dung