Compensation package In Thailand

Hello,

I just want to ask you guys for some advice. I'm a sales & marketing manager in the engineering plastics sector in a distribution company in Japan for 5 years now. A multinational distribution company would like to hire me as  a consultant in their Thailand office for the marketing of engineering plastics in the automotive industry. I would like to know the net salary, tax incentives and benefits I could get so I would have an idea when negotiating with them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shinzo wrote:

Hello,

I just want to ask you guys for some advice. I'm a sales & marketing manager in the engineering plastics sector in a distribution company in Japan for 5 years now. A multinational distribution company would like to hire me as  a consultant in their Thailand office for the marketing of engineering plastics in the automotive industry. I would like to know the net salary, tax incentives and benefits I could get so I would have an idea when negotiating with them. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi and welcome

For salary try www.payscale.com or a Google search

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

There is no such thing as tax benefits for expats.

Benefits like paid accommodation, medical insurance cover, travel allowance etc you will have to negotiate with your employer. The employer should pay for visas etc.

I suspect as they are hiring you as a consultant then you may have to cover expenses yourself.

Thank you Stumpy. I am new here and I did not expect that someone would immediately reply to my query.  :)   The site numbeo was really helpful. However, payscale was not able to generate a salary report for me. The salary range I see in forums and online articles have quite large ranges so I still can't figure out how much I should ask for. Thanks anyway! :)

I thought consultants were self employed people hiring themselves out to companies.  I always quoted a day rate that was 2 to 3 times what a salaried employee would make to cover expenses and benefits company would not provide.  If travel they always covered flights, hotel and food expense.