Young hangouts

Hi guys,
I'm planning to study abroad in hcmc for a year next year and I'm kinda concerned about my social life there :/
I've been Vietnam for holiday once a year for the last 5-6 years and I've rarely met anyone my age partying and such :/ I'm quite fluent when it comes to speaking the language too.
Anyways I wanted to know where I could make friends in the city around my age(currently 21) :D

Just curious:  What places did you hang out on holiday?

I wouldn't have a clue haha I think sky bar? Lush? That's all I can remember atm

Sounds like you do have a clue;  those are popular hangouts.

It seems to me if you're studying in HCMC, you'll meet a lot of people around your same age in your school.  You don't think so?

I don't know man it feels like those places are for a much more mature crowd not really my thing.
Well with universities there's hardly a chance to ever communicate with others in class and also from I've seen a lot of Vietnamese students tend to be introverted but yeah I wouldn't know until I'm there.
As of right now though I'm just doing some research that's all

Cool, let's us know how your research goes.

Sure thing mate. You were real helpful

I'm here just for you mate

Which university you will study in Vietnam?

I don't think the words "mature crowd" and "lush" have ever been used in the same sentence, so by all accounts that would
be an oxymoron. You can go to places like accoustic bar. Last time I was there 99.9% of the customers were either wearing diapers or had pacifiers in their mouths.

All joking aside, finding young people will be the least of your concerns. You can go to one of the billion beer clubs here; honestly noone there is over 25. Vietnam is one of the youngest countries in the world.

I think actually talking to these people is a little harder than where I come from in the states but there definitely won't be a shortage of people your age; I can promise you that

Lol you'll have a lot of fun here bro, make sure to bring as much cash as you can and wire the rest over.....it gets expensive.