Air Asia A Joke

Well I was on hold for over 5 hours and again on hold waiting to book flights as I cant do it on line as I have a Credit Shell. There new system is not working properly so in the mean time I keep missing the cheaper flights. I have sent 30 plus emails no response and when you finally get someone on the phone their english is bad or they don't have the authority to do anything. This is an absolute joke for a large company like this.
So frustrating as I cant go into any office here in Australia.

Cheap No frills airline... That is all you get... If you are after service they are not the airline to go for (choose Singapore, Malaysian, Emerites, Qantas etc)... But, If you are after a cheap no frills air ticket and can pay by their method of sale they are excellent...

For quick trips between countries/cities in Asia, I don't think you can fault them.  The only times I have had problems, is when I messed up the bookings :( 

For me, their online booking system works fine.  I have never had to change a flight with them, so yes I am sure that could be a problem as they are committed to doing everything automatic and online.